GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Just a little good update here...

I got my car back yesterday. Had it towed from my buddy's shop back to my house and worked on it last night to get it up and running again. For sitting for a little over 8 straight months, she started right back up without any issues. Took her out for a test drive late last night (inspection sticker expired this past August) and this race transmission just wants to go fast. I'll have to get some in the cabin video so you guys can see and hear it. Also, my Galano intake manifold arrives this coming Monday but next thing to get installed is the fmic and then the G30-900 turbo kit.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Yeah I was so tempted to take her out on the highway and just punch it but due to the state inspection being expired, I didn't want to risk it. Not until I hear back from my guy to see if he still does state inspections.
Ya this area is king for bullshit reasons to get pulled over. I need to check out how the car is now, been a while since i've seen it!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Ya this area is king for bullshit reasons to get pulled over. I need to check out how the car is now, been a while since i've seen it!
If ya'll get together, hit me up...I'll roll on down

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
If ya'll get together, hit me up...I'll roll on down
Anytime guys. I still have the passenger seat in the car so I can still take people out but it's not going to stay in there forever. I was invited to a Euro car poker run this Saturday for a charity and I'm getting my inspection sticker on Friday so I'll be good to go to it. Scott, if you want to come on down for it, it starts at 1100. I'll send you, Colby and Adam a text today about it.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Anytime guys. I still have the passenger seat in the car so I can still take people out but it's not going to stay in there forever. I was invited to a Euro car poker run this Saturday for a charity and I'm getting my inspection sticker on Friday so I'll be good to go to it. Scott, if you want to come on down for it, it starts at 1100. I'll send you, Colby and Adam a text today about it.
what is this poker run you speak of?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
what is this poker run you speak of?
There's a starting point and everybody is given the 5 different locations that you have to race, I mean drive, to and play just one hand at each location. There are prizes and a raffle at the end. I've never done one before and I can play regular poker, just not Texas Hold''em.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Finished gutting my car. Took it as far as I could go for now. Once I get the roll cage and seat in, then I'll remove the speakers and electrical wires that are not needed anymore. One thing that was a bitch to remove was this cardboard like material underneath the headliner that is attached to the roof by some industrial strength 3M strips that are hard as hell to remove. After a while of scraping it off I just said fuck it and left the rest up. I've got to figure out a way to remove the rear seatbelts because the heads on the top bolts are stripped so the 10mm triple square doesn't even work. Any suggestions?

Also, the shitty electronic wastegate has shit the bed. So I need a new one, again, which will be my 4th. Don't believe anybody that tells you VW did a great job with developing that wastegate. It is a piece of shit and a sucky design! I would like to strangle the dumbass that came up with it for VW and make them reimburse me for all the ones that I had to purchase.

20221109_125407.jpg

20221109_125315.jpg

20221109_125302.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang bro.......you really are gunning for those numbers

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Any guess on how much weight you've pulled out of the car so far?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang bro.......you really are gunning for those numbers
Yessir! Not messing around with this car. Once I get that sequential shifter, that middle console will be getting ripped out.

Any guess on how much weight you've pulled out of the car so far?
Easily has to be a few hundred pounds. Once I have the roll cage and race seat in, I'll get it weighed. I have a carbon fiber hood and rear hatch from PDC arriving either at the end of this month or next so that will definitely put my car well under 3000 lbs.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Next up....Drew uses a hole saw on his rear bumper to allow airflow to not get caught in it and slow him down........

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I wanna see pics of the cardboard headliner lol
I'll post that later on today just for you.

Next up....Drew uses a hole saw on his rear bumper to allow airflow to not get caught in it and slow him down........
Very tempted to do this but not sure if I want to ruin my bumper.