JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Hello
So I changed my spark plugs and my ignition coils
I redid some logs and it doesn't change anything. i will try the sp98 + e85
if no improvement d or could the problem come from?
https://datazap.me/u/gomze/log-1614860823?log=0&data=1-11&zoom=103-200&mark=95-137
That is really strange that timing advances to 9.5 in midrange and then creeps back to 7.5 on map 2 with no knock sensor or IAT interference.

Return the new coils if you can since your old are fine, also do a 4th gear pull or uphill if you can to get a higher load for a datalog.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Hello chris, je ne peux pas faire de tirage en 4 ème vitesses sur la route ☹️ par contre j ai remis 1/3 de sp98 dans mon mélange
Je trouve mes logs mieux ? Non?
Est ce possible que la stratégie du calculateur soit different ? Car ma voiture est de 2013 et Europe ( bi injection et down pipe differente)
Voici 2 logs réaliser en pente
https://datazap.me/u/gomze/log-1614953454?log=0&data=1-4
https://datazap.me/u/gomze/log-1614953509?log=0&data=1-4
Not sure I got everyting correct with Google translate but logs looks ok but still weird that it has higher advance in the midrange, you could try change firmware to 85/5.

Jambroni

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra ST
Bragging time and a bit off topic. Not done a dragy 100-200 km/h run in ages, gave it a try tonight. This was the first and only run. Car is loving the chilly weather.

First wagon under 10 s with just a JB4 maybe? (well and intake but that's it). I think I could get an even better one with a few more tries. I think that's pretty impressive for a pretty much stock car with a JB4 and some decent fuel. This is a heavy 4wd wagon even. Started from 4th.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210305-172958.jpg
    Screenshot_20210305-172958.jpg
    520.3 KB · Views: 120

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
thank you chris for your help.
yes indeed the translation does not have to be perfect. I have already tried the firmware 60/85/5 unfortunately that does not change anything ....
is it possible that the firmaware (chiptunning oem) is different between the french and usa cars? which could explain my "weird" advances
and thank you again
No it acts the same no matter version, the only reason it should do that is if it thinks the cylinder pressure or temp is to high for fuel quality. You could try adding more and less after 5500rpm to see how it reacts.

Last edited:

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Bragging time and a bit off topic. Not done a dragy 100-200 km/h run in ages, gave it a try tonight. This was the first and only run. Car is loving the chilly weather.

First wagon under 10 s with just a JB4 maybe? (well and intake but that's it). I think I could get an even better one with a few more tries. I think that's pretty impressive for a pretty much stock car with a JB4 and some decent fuel. This is a heavy 4wd wagon even. Started from 4th.
Grattis, fast for sure being JB4 only pretty much. Those Cupra AWD wagons are seemingly always fast though, someone with stage 2 98ron tune ran low 8s from Malmö as well I think and that low 6 second Revo stage 3 with JB4 stack and WMI. :p

Last edited:

Jambroni

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra ST
Grattis, fast for sure being JB4 only pretty much. Those Cupra AWD wagons are seemingly always fast though, someone with stage 2 98ron tune ran low 8s from Malmö aswell I think and that low 6 second Revo stage 3 with JB4 stack and WMI. :p

Tack :D Yeah the EDI guys are very fast, I follow them on dragy :p

figlin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Hey Jb4 Gurus,

Does anyone has a good starter map for stock Gti on 91 oct California fuel? I can get some logs from it.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hey Jb4 Gurus,

Does anyone has a good starter map for stock Gti on 91 oct California fuel? I can get some logs from it.
Start with Map 1
Then do a log in manual mode. Start in 3rd gear at 2,500, floor the accelerator pedal (do not press hard enough activate the kickdown switch). Hold it floored until at least 6,500 rpm, then switch to 4th gear and keep floored for 2 or 3 more seconds, then stop log. That is the most mild non custom tune. Then you can build it up or down as necessary.

figlin

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
So while trying to get some logs for map 6 building I put it on map 2 and did a decent pull on the highway in 4th gear. Power seemed to be going and out for about 3 seconds. The car wasn't shuttering but you could definitely feel the pull from the engine going out. I was on 91 octane in 59° weather and have ran map 2 before.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
So while trying to get some logs for map 6 building I put it on map 2 and did a decent pull on the highway in 4th gear. Power seemed to be going and out for about 3 seconds. The car wasn't shuttering but you could definitely feel the pull from the engine going out. I was on 91 octane in 59° weather and have ran map 2 before.
Bad gas?

Rabbit.speed

Car(s)
Mk7.5 GTI S
bought a jb4 second hand. Worked fine for few week and then died. Car wouldn’t start with all kinds of warning lights and jb4 wouldn’t connect with data cable. Took the jb4 off and car works fine. Any ideas what it could be?