GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

Black_Pearl_MK7

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
double checked and everything is tight. may have been a firmware issue. However I ended up removing the JB4 today anyhow. Yesterday I went to deutschwurx in Elkridge Md and got Unitronic 1+ with DSG stage 1 flashed. No regurts
What you doing in my area man? Im over in Jessup and know that shop. Hows the Uni so far? are you on Maryland MQB facebook?

mk7_phil

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
What you doing in my area man? Im over in Jessup and know that shop. Hows the Uni so far? are you on Maryland MQB facebook?
Aye! Lol. I’m in Millersville like 15 mins from that shop. I love it dude. Delivery is smooth and throughout the power band. And no I’m not. I just submitted to get in tho!

Black_Pearl_MK7

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Nice I’m about 5 min front them make an into post on the group and I’ll comment so we can connect. I have just gotten my JB4 for this platform last week so been testing. My GTI is brand new so not looking for Eci flash as of yet.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
You can keep what ya got, but will have to probably adjust as it gets consistently hotter outside if ya want to stay safe (fuel). I know it gets sweltering in that area in summertime. Hot and humid AF, so much so that you can dump minute rice in your skivies and have lunch 😁. Again Map 3 if you want set and forget.

IC will help with charge temps, DP with flow , and should be your next mods in that order. Once you're there, you can probably run the first map you posted all the time.

Thanks for your help. I'll stay on Map 3 for the time being. It gives up a bunch up top but it still has the grunt down low.

Danny485

Car(s)
2015 Golf 1.8t
Guten tag, eine weisse bier und currywurst bitte 😄
Hey yea that is a bit dissapointing timing advance for 102 ron try another station next fill, also your boost is a bit funky at following target sometimes.
I would stay at FOL 50 but is that new firmware confirmed stable?
I used to run shell 100 Vpower and Aral 102 in my 1.8t corrado when I lived in Germany.Used to run 2 bar on stock turbo tapered to 20 psi at 7200 rpm. Timing on occasions was 32 degrees BTDC but only seem to do that with Vpower 100 not Aral 102. In fact I noticed a reduction in power with Aral 102, just didn't have the same effect.
Bear in mind it was running ME 7.5 which is a bit of a dinosaur compared to SIMOS 18 but felt weird that a lower octane performed better. My hunch is the high ethanol content in 102 has something to do with it. So seeing 102 preforming not as good seems to be a growing trend.

CC-Rider

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200601-235221_JB4_Mobile[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20200601-235221_JB4_Mobile[1].jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 132

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Little run with the new clutch and hpfp, (love the clutch so much) very granny and you can really tell now how the car was getting so boost on set slip because it just goes abruptly now when the boost kick in. Let off from a stop at 3k and it was the first time I’ve spun the car from a standstill, lol .Since i always would feather the launch with the stock clutch.

Getting real hot out here this was close 10pm and it was still 91 out

https://datazap.me/u/elbigoteaj/hpfp-e36?log=0&data=1-4-5-6-11-14-18&solo=4-11-18

Last edited:

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Little run with the new clutch and hpfp, (love the clutch so much) very granny and you can really tell now how the car was getting so boost on set slip because it just goes abruptly now when the boost kick in. Let off from at stop at 3k and first time I’ve spun the car from a standstill since i always would feather the launch with the stock clutch. Getting real hot out here this was close 10pm and ur was still 91 out

https://datazap.me/u/elbigoteaj/hpfp-e36?log=0&data=1-4-5-6-11-14-18&solo=4-11-18
Trims looking low (not bad just low) I guess this is due to HPFP? Also I hope you are past the clutch break in period. I don't really see any issues with the log besides the boost drop (due to spin), time for mounts or new tires or both maybe