GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

madracer

Passed Driver's Ed
There is a big dip in your acceleration in the second dragy screenshot. Is that from wheelspin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Potentially yes, did not even notice that.
The wheel spin is much worse though now with the mods.

Will try to do another dragy run this evening, but throw in some octane to take the RON to 102.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
In June this year decided to trade the 7 GTI in for a 7 Clubsport.
After a few months of remaining stock, fitted the following mods,

My question, how is it possible with a better 60 foot time on the post mods run, 40wkw more, my 1/4 mile time is slower?
The temperature difference between the runs was about 8 to 9 degrees celcius, surely that cant be the reason?

Part of it is probably because you lost traction on run #2. Look at the dip in the g-force acceleration graph.

Snowpops

Hey guys,
I'm hoping someone can help me out with an issue I've had 3 times now.
Has only happened in 1st or 2nd gear at low speed; EPC light comes on, no throttle, and RPMs bounce at 1500. It's almost feels like a really low launch control. Once the car is turned off then back on, it goes away and I'm free to carry on. It has also only appeared to be early in the morning when the engine is still fairly cold.
Additional info if it helps; JB4, CTS TIP, MAperformance catted DP, APR intake.
Thanks to any help I receive in advance.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hey guys,
I'm hoping someone can help me out with an issue I've had 3 times now.
Has only happened in 1st or 2nd gear at low speed; EPC light comes on, no throttle, and RPMs bounce at 1500. It's almost feels like a really low launch control. Once the car is turned off then back on, it goes away and I'm free to carry on. It has also only appeared to be early in the morning when the engine is still fairly cold.
Additional info if it helps; JB4, CTS TIP, MAperformance catted DP, APR intake.
Thanks to any help I receive in advance.

No codes?

CFGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
No cylinder corrections because E85.
Timing pull because IATs too high. E85 won't help that.

115 is not too high, but high enough it pulls timing.

Thanks for the info. Guess that's the downside of the JB4 you cant force the timing higher. Well hopefully the IC will bring the timing up.

madracer

Passed Driver's Ed
Part of it is probably because you lost traction on run #2. Look at the dip in the g-force acceleration graph.

I think it might be timing pull / cylinder correction that is causing the "slowness".
Looking at the pre JB4 vs post JB4 dragy runs, the acceleration is much more erratic (peaks and drop offs) on the post JB4 runs.

Will add some octane and test, and then do you think maybe putting in some Brisk Silvers will help? (I do have them laying around from the previous car, just did not install it)

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Ordered a data cable for my jb1. Do you need a laptop to run the program and change maps, or can a windows tablet or amazon fire tablet run the software with a usb to mini usb adapter?

Snowpops

No codes?

I've had it on auto clear for all 3 occurrences. And I only put it in auto clear because i was throwing codes. When I talked with George initially, the codes shown were for overboost. However, George said that wasn't accurate because it was while i was sitting still. I got it scanned at a shop and it said P0420 which I assume is because of the downpipe.
I'll take it off of autoclear when I go to lunch and see if anything is different and report back on here.
Just to be sure, I change the number back to 1 to remove autoclear, correct?

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I have the BT adapter. Love having the access to watch whats happening and change maps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ordered a data cable for my jb1. Do you need a laptop to run the program and change maps, or can a windows tablet or amazon fire tablet run the software with a usb to mini usb adapter?

If your windows tablet can run usb ports as serial adapters (as i would suspect the windows tablet can since they often have to deal with backwards compatibility stuff with other windows stuff) should be able to run the windows application (i'd suspect).