GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering Downpipe

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
You running E30 yet on the JB4? That really effs with the AFR. You run that on a bunch of boost with no CEL and I'll be impressed.

Yep. Don't know about a bunch of boost, I'm capped at 26psi on a map 6 additive.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
The old one was probably still on the turbo, if it wasn't damaged and doesn't leak, no worries.

https://goo.gl/images/DqX4vd

You can see the gasket and where it goes in that picture.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

The gasket I got was a small diameter, it would fit INSIDE the turbo housing. I suppose there is a groove where the gasket fits in the housing flange but must have been filled in so well by the original gasket that I couldn't tell it was there. Oh well, must not be damaged or causing any issues. IE fit fine and mated up perfectly. Clamp was very tight with near same distance between tabs as OE, maybe a tad less.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
The gasket I got was a small diameter, it would fit INSIDE the turbo housing. I suppose there is a groove where the gasket fits in the housing flange but must have been filled in so well by the original gasket that I couldn't tell it was there. Oh well, must not be damaged or causing any issues. IE fit fine and mated up perfectly. Clamp was very tight with near same distance between tabs as OE, maybe a tad less.
Maybe they screwed up and gave you an is12 gasket? Who knows, dealerships are good at that sorta thing. Either way if yours was in place and sealed it's all good.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie

You have a pic of your v band clamp? I am surprised your fit close to stock. Most are about 1/4" apart with the cast on the IE.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 8.06.07 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 8.06.07 PM.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 619
Last edited:

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Maybe they screwed up and gave you an is12 gasket? Who knows, dealerships are good at that sorta thing. Either way if yours was in place and sealed it's all good.

Yeah, possible. My dealer is really good though, I'll double check anyway. Don't know if it'll make much if any difference if I change it out and don't want to risk damaging gasket groove trying to get old one out. Holding after several full throttle/boost runs, but........

It'll come apart if any leaking is detected.

Diggs-Will post some logs. Wanted to get a few shake-down runs in before I go down that rabbit hole.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Hope this shows up.

Attachments

• IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 973
  • IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 861

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Damn! It worked! Thanks Sugar.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Welcome.

Yeah your clamp is the closest together I have seen yet on the IE DP.

Yeah, it's dang tight though. Might be due to re-use of gasket and not crushing a new one. Will keep an eye/ear on it for leaks.

MadMen

Ready to race!
I got the inefficiency code within the first 10 miles on mine with no spacer. Went about 100 miles with the spacer till it popped the stuck lean code. Will try opening the hole in the spacer a bit to see if that gets me more miles. Once I know I can go long enough to pass emissions, the I’ll move to a flash tune from JB4.

Krog29

Ready to race!
Hey guys. How are you liking the ie downpipe? Just got a mk7 coming from a ie stage 2 mk6.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MadMen

Ready to race!
Hey guys. How are you liking the ie downpipe? Just got a mk7 coming from a ie stage 2 mk6.

I love mine. With stock exhaust and resonator, it has just a slight increase in sound over the stock exhaust/downpipe with res delete. Perfect IMO. Fit and finish is right on.

ZERO drone!! With or without the stock resonator.

Krog29

Ready to race!
I had really good luck with ie had their intake and stage 2 tune for my mk6. Good to know.
I love mine. With stock exhaust and resonator, it has just a slight increase in sound over the stock exhaust/downpipe with res delete. Perfect IMO. Fit and finish is right on.

ZERO drone!! With or without the stock resonator.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, possible. My dealer is really good though, I'll double check anyway. Don't know if it'll make much if any difference if I change it out and don't want to risk damaging gasket groove trying to get old one out. Holding after several full throttle/boost runs, but........

It'll come apart if any leaking is detected.

Diggs-Will post some logs. Wanted to get a few shake-down runs in before I go down that rabbit hole.

If it makes you better I didn’t change my gasket mainly because I forgot about it and to be honest I don’t remember seeing it on the turbo, I have no leaks and no CEL with my MAP downpipe with a GESI Cat 1,300 + miles later, I believe that you will be ok for a while wit the old gasket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk