GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering Downpipe

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I love mine. With stock exhaust and resonator, it has just a slight increase in sound over the stock exhaust/downpipe with res delete. Perfect IMO. Fit and finish is right on.

ZERO drone!! With or without the stock resonator.

x2

Very happy with it so far. Pleasantly surprised about the exhaust note as everyone said it would be too loud, too raspy, drone, etc. Nope, I like it. Plus I saved a few $$$ on buying a Clubsport S muffler :D.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
If it makes you better I didn’t change my gasket mainly because I forgot about it and to be honest I don’t remember seeing it on the turbo, I have no leaks and no CEL with my MAP downpipe with a GESI Cat 1,300 + miles later, I believe that you will be ok for a while wit the old gasket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured it would be ok for now. I did get the wrong gasket initially and have swapped it for the correct one. Will install if I have a leak. Borrowed the vapor sniffer from the nozzle dicks at the fire station next door to work. Ran a sniff when dead cold and then again when hot. Nada.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Geez, guess I shouldn't have said anything about no CEL as it just went off for low catalyst efficiency. 270 after install, reset with VCDS, 50 miles later its back on. Upped boost on JB4 and that may have something to do with it.

We don't have emissions testing here (yet) and the light doesn't really bother me as long as its not causing any issues. I know spacers are hit and miss but wondering if there is a particular brand/type that folks have had luck with, may try that.

MadMen

Ready to race!
Geez, guess I shouldn't have said anything about no CEL as it just went off for low catalyst efficiency. 270 after install, reset with VCDS, 50 miles later its back on. Upped boost on JB4 and that may have something to do with it.

We don't have emissions testing here (yet) and the light doesn't really bother me as long as its not causing any issues. I know spacers are hit and miss but wondering if there is a particular brand/type that folks have had luck with, may try that.

I'm just experimenting with different size combinations of the non-foulers. Seems any spacer will be hit or miss, so might as well try to get the cheapest option to work first. I do have emissions, so I have to be able to get it to stay clear long enough for a readiness check before I decide to do the flash tune.

If no emissions, you can just use the auto-clear on the JB4 to keep the light off. Might sacrifice cruise control though.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I'm just experimenting with different size combinations of the non-foulers. Seems any spacer will be hit or miss, so might as well try to get the cheapest option to work first. I do have emissions, so I have to be able to get it to stay clear long enough for a readiness check before I decide to do the flash tune.

If no emissions, you can just use the auto-clear on the JB4 to keep the light off. Might sacrifice cruise control though.

Refresh my memory on how to use/activate auto-clear.

MadMen

Ready to race!
I believe it's 'future use D' = 90. But not positive.

^^ Yep, that's it...

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I believe it's 'future use D' = 90. But not positive.

^^ Yep, that's it...

Thanks! Looks like I need to update my firmware first to 6/5.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Ride home and around town is CEL free so far. But I remember what I said about this before :rolleyes:.

Thanks Mad for the tips.

Madwellmk7.5

I love mine. With stock exhaust and resonator, it has just a slight increase in sound over the stock exhaust/downpipe with res delete. Perfect IMO. Fit and finish is right on.

ZERO drone!! With or without the stock resonator.

I second this statement! I love mine too!

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Finally got around to installing this guy yesterday and I have to agree with all the other comments. This thing really sounds great and opens up the engine. No drone, but adds a nice deeper tone under heavy throttle. The install isn't bad at all, but getting the stock DP out was a pain. I have the PP diff and there really just isn't enough room for it to come out easy. I'm running the Cobb ots map, but just ordered a tune from Stratified.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
Finally got around to installing this guy yesterday and I have to agree with all the other comments. This thing really sounds great and opens up the engine. No drone, but adds a nice deeper tone under heavy throttle. The install isn't bad at all, but getting the stock DP out was a pain. I have the PP diff and there really just isn't enough room for it to come out easy. I'm running the Cobb ots map, but just ordered a tune from Stratified.

Agree, this DP is quieter than the other two I have used (APR and CTS) meaning a more controlled less boomy tone. It is a winner!