GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hoon's DIYish Engine Build Thread

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Damn as much as I want a $600, 6lbs battery, I don't think I have the balls to daily drive that. I will definitely look at their lightweight AGM next though.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Why not? I've dailyed it since it went in last year. Think today is 1 year anniversary actually. Ran E50 in dead of midwest winter and it fired right up on cold start every time.
I guess just bad history with VWs and batteries, but your experience is promising. My old CC ate 3 batteries in 3 years and that car was driven daily. I'm already on my second in the R in 4 years which is better, but at $150 a battery, not $600. Maybe I'm just using my cheapness as an excuse? :rolleyes:

I was 95% sold on their lightweight B3121 AGM at 21 lbs for ~$230 though. More CCA than the G30, uses a standard charger, and is still 15+ lbs off the OEM battery.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
shhh...don't tell my hybrid ;)

epic, what turbo is this?

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Yes..

Here's the same turbo running at 33psi, I haven't dyno'ed it yet at 38-39psi.

*This car ran 10.6@130 with an EQT Vortex Std housing (*34psi) that made 530whp on the same dyno.
Thats impressive. What turbo are you running? Or are you running an eqt as well? Kinda confusing keeping up with everyone's mods without them being in the sig lol

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Sorry I can't disclose the vendor at this time. It's a prototype IS38 hybrid.
Didn't see this when I replied. I dont get why companies don't wanna disclose their turbo making that kinda power. It would be better for sales but everyone wants to be so secretive

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Hoon

Autocross Champion
It's probably in development so they're not disclosing details.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Hoon,

is that trackslag a recent purchase? they said they changed the shape a little bit and gained 6MM of clearance from the ABS cover for us left side drivers... can you post a picture of the fitment.

Mine was the prototype of the new design. It's about 3/4" clearance, enough that you dont need heat wrap.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yes..

Here's the same turbo running at 33psi, I haven't dyno'ed it yet at 38-39psi.

*This car ran 10.6@130 with an EQT Vortex Std housing (*34psi) that made 530whp on the same dyno.

Holy crap! Nice.