GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hoon's DIYish Engine Build Thread

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I saw a quote on the internet, this isn't my quote and its not intended to be political and I don't want anyone getting mad cuz I don't post any political shit (against rules) but quote went something like "Germany has the lowest death rate because their president believes in scientist and doctors and listens to them, while ours is a former reality tv host" take it for what you want

Worth nothing quite frankly. I want a medical scientific reason not internet sensationalism. Trump obviously believes in scientists and doctors just listen to the daily press conferences in which he defers those answers to the scientists and doctors. I understand you qualified your response though. That's like saying that Italy and Spain must not have scientists and doctors because they have by far the highest death rate percentage.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
This probably isn't the thread to talk about it. PM me if you want to my opinion on why the death rate is lower, because just like when people become infectious, it'll take a year or 2 of research to understand, and anything else is anecdotal conjecture. At this point, it's all opinions without hard evidence.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Guys this isnt the place. Dont talk about politics/coronavirus in these threads go to the Off topic area if you want to do that please.

Any new posts continuing on below this post about something other than engine build will result in some form of action depending on how lazy i am.

Last edited:

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I'm not sure who the person or people involved in the care package that showed up today were, but thank you!!

It was signed "Your friends at GolfMK7"...much appreciated!

Some updates to the situation, I'm finally starting to feel decent, still have some lingering symptoms but making progress. In the beginning it was like a weird flu, I started to feel better for a day or two and then it got worse again, fevers came back and I started getting tightness in my chest from swelling in the lungs. Primary care doc put me on antibiotics as a preventative for pneumonia and said if it got any worse I had to go to the hospital. Luckily it didn't and now it seems to be clearing up.

My dad is not doing well, he's in the ICU on a ventilator and has not made any forward progress so far. It's too soon to tell which way it's going to go.

On topic, I've been debating painting the block something interesting. Typically I'm a big fan of keeping things stock looking and understated, but I might stray from that. On the shelf I have black, white, and bright green engine enamels. I could also buy some bright red...my car is carbon steel gray and other than the stock red calipers there is nothing colored on the car or in the engine bay. Thoughts?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I'm not sure who the person or people involved in the care package that showed up today were, but thank you!!

It was signed "Your friends at GolfMK7"...much appreciated!

Some updates to the situation, I'm finally starting to feel decent, still have some lingering symptoms but making progress. In the beginning it was like a weird flu, I started to feel better for a day or two and then it got worse again, fevers came back and I started getting tightness in my chest from swelling in the lungs. Primary care doc put me on antibiotics as a preventative for pneumonia and said if it got any worse I had to go to the hospital. Luckily it didn't and now it seems to be clearing up.

My dad is not doing well, he's in the ICU on a ventilator and has not made any forward progress so far. It's too soon to tell which way it's going to go.

On topic, I've been debating painting the block something interesting. Typically I'm a big fan of keeping things stock looking and understated, but I might stray from that. On the shelf I have black, white, and bright green engine enamels. I could also but some bright red...my car is carbon steel gray and other than the stock red calipers there is nothing colored on the car or in the engine bay. Thoughts?
I have CSG as well, I think maybe a CSG/Red/Silver paint flick would look dope. like this, but colors of the car
1586632415918.png

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
My dad is not doing well, he's in the ICU on a ventilator and has not made any forward progress so far. It's too soon to tell which way it's going to go
Hoping for the best for you in this situation. Has to be very difficult.

TrinivdubOG

Go Kart Newbie
Really sorry to hear what's happening in the US and throughout the world, my prayers are with you all. We have been fortunate enough so far that they have managed to isolate the 110 known cases in the past month and a half. Everywhere is locked down now, so hoping that we beat this thing soon. Keep safe guys.

Looking forward to the updates on this build when you feel better Hoon.