GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Honest opinion. 2015 R or 2009-2013 Cadillac CTS-V?

Boosted_2.0

Ready to race!
I thought I was set on the Golf R but then I remembered a car I liked so much and always wanted one was the CTS-V with 556 hp. A very fast, upscale, 4 door or wagon, Corvette. They can be had now anywhere between 35k and 40k with somewhat low miles. If it was you, what would you do and why? I love both cars. Still don't know when exactly the R will be here too.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Johnny Blaze

Go Kart Champion
556hp would be hard to say no to, and stock. but two different animals, one would be more practical, better fuel, etc. What are your needs, should fit the bill.

Liland

Ready to race!
Hands down, the CTS-V. The Golf R is still just a Golf.

Boosted_2.0

Ready to race!
Actually, I just found out that GM did extend the warranty on the CTS-V to 10 year 120k miles due to supercharger failures. And it's on the whole car. But I do agree, German always beats American and the CTS-V is just a CTS.

crzyskimer93

Ready to race!
I'd go golf, unless I had a lot of money to spend on gas and insurance lol. At the end of the day I got the car I loved and know I can afford always and has plenty of room if necessary. And sorry to say 500hp? That just get me in trouble and I don't use a track so I don't need all that power

Jef.

Passed Driver's Ed

Must admit, I wasn't aware of the car... had to look it up.

.... can't argue with the performance stats on it but I think the look of it is..... hmm. you love it or you don't.

Sure as hell isn't a golf!! :eek:

then again...

Sure as hell isn't a golf :rolleyes:

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
I thought I was set on the Golf R but then I remembered a car I liked so much and always wanted one was the CTS-V with 556 hp. A very fast, upscale, 4 door or wagon, Corvette. They can be had now anywhere between 35k and 40k with somewhat low miles. If it was you, what would you do and why? I love both cars. Still don't know when exactly the R will be here too.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

CTS-V hands down. Go drive one and you will end up taking it home. However I would say stay away from the coupe, I rode in my buddy's and I felt too low down and visibility is pretty bad as well. The wagon is hand-down the best way to go.

Besides you're in Texas, you don't need AWD lol

OBBI

Apex clipper
Car(s)
09 5dr GTI
I sold a 2009 e92 m3 to buy my golf r and could not be happier with it

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Let's see' Obama Motors, tax payer funded, bailed out company, or hard working German company? I think a tricked out R would be more fun day in and day out. Have fun moding the R and not supporting failed GM company. I plan to get PP GTI (1st VW) and will likely never get another GM. Not happy with quality. If you want a higher end car, go Audi!

Last edited:

Boosted_2.0

Ready to race!
I have decided due to insurance and gas expenses which I just checked on, I will go for the Golf R. It was way more to get the Caddy.

Tahiti1

Passed Driver's Ed
Maybe it's just a UK thing but new cars cost considerably more than second hand ones when they get to that sort of age. For the cost of a new GTD, you could get two 2008 Jaguar XJR's for instance (in fact I spotted a lovely black 2008 model year very recently for £11k).

jeffkro

Go Kart Champion
Seems they are hardly in the same class the cts-v seems more like its aimed at the M4. Big fail in comparing to the M4 by the way. Seems like an ATS coup would be a closer comparison but again not really. Since subaru left the hot hatch category pretty much the only thing similar on the US market is the focus ST.

Boosted_2.0

Ready to race!
CTS-V goes against the M5, and other 500 hp 4 doors mostly. But after figuring insurance, gas and payments, I decided the R is a better route.