GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golfs everyday.. with OT journal.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
So I think I'm done doing the 2yr refresh on my Golf-R. I bought her a set of long overdue vanity plates this morning so I look forward to putting those on in a couple of weeks. For now I think the pendulum and ECS dogbone mount inserts I did the other week is sufficient for my driving needs.

I have a front pair of Brembo ceramic low dust brake pads sitting in my garage so I might give those a try later on this summer.

Next car project will be on my daily driver.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
So last weekend I installed the LED tails which require the harness to be fed through the gate grommets to allow full functionality of the lights. I read about people getting leaks on their ceilings from the grommets leaking water (on mine grommet tabs did not break) so I made these little visors to direct water away from the top of the grommets to prevent water entry.

Cant see what I did? Good that was the entire point. :D

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Test drove a 19 Cayman base MT with some options the other day and liked it a lot. Was thinking I should maybe trade my Golf-R in for one since they're both VW's, but I took my R for a spin this morning and was like.. nahhh. I love my R especially after installing Cobb AP and Borla CBE.

I suppose when I'm done with my STI I will trade that car in for a new GTS.. would make sense 2.5L boxer engine for a 2.5L boxer engine..

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Installed front ceramic Brembo pads on my Golf-R with my son today since he was home.

PN: 8V0698151C

Feels just like stock, no noise.. it's suppose to have less dust but since I went out to bed them in today, I couldn't really tell a difference in the dusting. However I think they grooved my rotors a little bit.. can't remember if the were like that from the stock pads. Will see how they do in my future drives.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Actually not super pleased with the Brembo pads. I found that they rattle over sharp bumps on the road. I thought maybe my front endlinks were shot, replaced them with adjustable Whitelines, no change. Then I proceeded to take the same bumps while applying brakes (trial and error) and no noise. I should've done that first.

Will toss them as soon as my new iSweep pair comes in. I was trying not to use Japanese parts on my Golf-R on purpose, but oh well. Maybe I'll add some adjustable Bilstein coilovers later on in her life to offset.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Thanks, yeah, it's not the car side. I checked everything. There's just too much play on the Brembo pads and only rattle over larger sharp bumps. The stock pads have about another 0.5mm of metal on each end (~1mm total) to lessen the gap adjacent to where the pad's clips align to the brakes when inserted, and more difficult to physically move the pads up/down with your hands.

This rattling is pretty common with Centric, EBC, Hawk, as well based on my read. Common or not, I don't accept rattling brake pads.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Installed iSweep IS1500 front pads on my Golf-R today. Happy to report, no rattle. Very pleased with the braking power and very little dust, no adverse effect with the traction/vectoring system. PN: IS1500-SF1290

The Brembo pads with 200miles is going in the trash.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I love these new brake pads!! Took my car out for a 2hour spin this morning and there is hardly any brake dust and they brake so well with zero noise.

Ordered the Aerofabb gurney flap looking spoiler extension. Hope to install next weekend..

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Test test.. I hadn’t been around much and this site had changed significantly..!

In the last couple of weeks I got a low mileage new to me Fiesta ST to tinker with at a bargain price Pretty cool car for dd-ing. No I did not sell any of my cars to get it.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Since my blog includes OT stuff, I will be re-doing the front window tint on the ST tomorrow at my usual tint-guy's place.
Probably going to use Pinnacle, given that the tint on the rest of the car appears to be FormulaOne.

That is my usual tint.. Pinnacle.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
So Golf R, STI and Fiesta ST, nice collection. It's like you're single handily trying to save the manuals.

Got a couple pics of the ST?