GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golfs everyday.. with OT journal.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Per several requests, other pictures of my garage. I hope these pictures aren't too huge like the ones I posted yesterday..

I need to clean up the storage area behind the 3 cabinets. I recently bought a new Korg keyboard and the box is pretty big.
The storage area can hold another car where I thought about putting in a 2 post but decided not to as I really don't work on
cars all that much these days. My primary projects are usually only bolt-on stuff (suspension, intake/exhaust, aero, etc),
detailing, PDR, clearbra installs, stereo/electronics where my ramps and jack stands do just fine.

I use RaceRamps most of the time and I can just drive up inside the garage and work with the garage doors closed.
Speaking of garage doors, it has 3 new app controlled openers for added control, security, etc. Not that I am in a high risk area,
the garage has multiple layers of security systems and cameras for when I want to visit the garage from my iPhone.

I am most likely going to get a new Supra in here next. Not sure if I would rearrange the garage and park 4 cars inside, or
just park my WRX outside. I have plenty of driveway space but I hate bird droppings.. my Golf-R and STI will stay inside.
1585056069867.png

1585056328769.png

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I decided to use a LED photo/video lamp to replace the chunky florescent bench light I've had for nearly 2 decades.
I like the cleaner compact look and it is about twice brighter which helps me with my aging eyes.. I made a swiveling magnetic
base for it so I can move it around as needed.

1585488497524.png

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Being a hippo I ended up ordering a new set of black 19" CH-R's with 5P's for my Golf-R.
Hope to have them tomorrow..

I'm thinking down the road I'd replace the Golf-R with another MT Golf-R so should be a nice decorative set to keep long term. I've always had a thing for BBS mesh wheels on Golfs.. however the weight kept me away as OZ's HLT series is much lighter in comparison, so are the Pretorias the car came with. But in reality I don't drive my Golf-R all that hard since she is my weekend GT car in comparison to my hardcore driving machine, STI, so I decided I want to dress her up a little more. I might even consider lowering the ride with some springs.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I got my new wheels and went for a quick drive while getting carryout. They are 4 lbs heavier than the Pretoria's but the ride feels solid vs heavy so I was pleasantly surprised.

I ordered longer lugs (black set) so that I can run 10mm spacers on the rear. Hope to have them in 2 days. I have a bunch of ball type lugs for my OZ's, but none in conical which the CH-R's were. As for fitment they are 19x8.5 ET48 and the front is pretty much flush at stock height, obviously no rubbing issues. I think I'm just going to keep the ride at stock height for now as the car just feel so darn good.

I love my Golf-R even more now.

1585699673826.png

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Looks clean. I am not usually a fan of the machined rim, but I like how it looks on your car.

Also I dream to have a garage as clean as yours one day... ?

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Looks clean. I am not usually a fan of the machined rim, but I like how it looks on your car.

Also I dream to have a garage as clean as yours one day... ?

Thanks, I too was a little hesitant about that outer lip if it would stand out too much but the wheel paint is a warm satin black finish where it does not hide from light like normal black painted wheels. You might already know this, but that lip is not machined. It is a decorative stick-on polished ring that BBS mounts on the CH-R/CI-R (and maybe others) that can be replaced if one was to curb the wheel. So I suppose if one does not like the ring, they can remove it. I'm going to keep mine on the wheels though.

Thanks on the garage as well. It's a fun place to be.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I ordered a roll of glossy black 3M vinyl to make a decorative stripe for the bottom of the doors like that one GTI I've seen.. not sure what that was but it looked good in white with the black stripe down the side.

I should have the longer APR lugs in my hands later today so that I can mount the 10mm spacers on the rears. I also need to check the brake wear harness on the front iSweep pad as it seems like the car is not registering/recognizing that it's there.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Due to a screw up on my part (my vision is not very good these days, should've not used my iPhone) I received the wrong type of lugs (ball type instead of conical type). So I had to reorder the right ones and return the ones I bought.

I asked TireRack in parallel if they would sell me some 40mm bolts because they are very quick to ship, but they said due to liability they cannot unless I buy their spacer sets. I already have a whole bunch of spacers so I decided to pass.

I should have the replacement lugs by Saturday hopefully. There must have been a reason why I was not supposed to go out today. Got a lot done in the basement however. I am setting up a workshop dedicated to house related projects so I was super busy regardless.

Last edited: