GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS

flip7

Ready to race!
I e mailed stemi.de about this and his answer was...
(11)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Notwarn_blinken_NBA_Phase_2
(15)-Dyn. turn signal modes-Crashblinken
Both should be set to "active". I heard these won't work unless you going a certain mph (60?) so I don't think anyone's confirmed this works. I tried at low speeds but my wife wasn't a big help.......

Has anyone in the US validated this mod yet on a MK7 GTI?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Is this for the blinking 3rd brake light? I haven't tried it but I'd love to know as well :)

flip7

Ready to race!
Is this for the blinking 3rd brake light? I haven't tried it but I'd love to know as well :)

What you are looking for, is done with a small hardware module, cutting and soldering; is not via VCDS coding

The DIY is here: Third Brake Flasher

I am looking for when the both turn signal lights (L+R) flash (quickly) in case you brake heavily. EU cars have such feature turned on.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Ah ok. I wouldn't mind your mod either. I'd prefer not cutting up the wiring.. yet ;) Thanks for the link!

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I believe this mod is called high intensity braking... Or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeoBog

Ready to race!
Does anybody know the security access code for module 17 Instruments in the new 2016 GTI models? the old 20103 doesn't seem to work although it worked on my old 2014 GTI.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I believe this mod is called high intensity braking... Or something like that.

That is when the hazard lights flash under heavy braking as per most BMW's. It is also an APP on OBDeleven.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Does anybody know the security access code for module 17 Instruments in the new 2016 GTI models? the old 20103 doesn't seem to work although it worked on my old 2014 GTI.

Try 31347, same as 09 - Central Electronics. I haven't verified this, but it's what my little document says

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Does anyone know why I couldn't get my coming/leaving home stuff to work right? The problem I'm having is, when I turn the car off with the switch in auto, and leave the keys in, the coming home feature appears to be on, as I can see my DRLs on the wall in front of me. But as soon as I take the key out, they turn off. I've tried switching that one setting from Ignition to Door and vice versa.

Anyone experience this?

GeoBog

Ready to race!
It seems like the VW chaps have changed the coding of the voice control button for the cars without voice control. On my 2014 GTI the voice control button would pause/mute the music however on my 2016 GTI the button does not pause the music, it only shows that stupid message and that's about it. Does anyone know if it can be coded with VCDS to pause the music?

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Does anyone know why I couldn't get my coming/leaving home stuff to work right? The problem I'm having is, when I turn the car off with the switch in auto, and leave the keys in, the coming home feature appears to be on, as I can see my DRLs on the wall in front of me. But as soon as I take the key out, they turn off. I've tried switching that one setting from Ignition to Door and vice versa.

Anyone experience this?

Quebster: How is the value set for (1)-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Verbaustatus ? If it's set as manual, then you need to flash the high beam stalk for about a second (after you switch-off the ignition) to activate the low beam lights as CH function

Here's how the CH adaptation channels for Comfort illumination work:

Coming Home Verbaustatus this channel determines whether you have to manually engage CH (with the high-beam lever), or whether the function is automatically enabled

Menueeinstellung Cominghome this setting determines the time delay before the CH lights switch-off (this can be set in the menu also)

Coming Home Leuchten this setting determines which lights will be used - choice is "low beam" or "fog" (or "not active")

Coming Home Leuchten this determines which switch-on mechanism will trigger CH - if you choose "driver door", then CH will be energized when you open the driver's door (not surprisingly)

Switch-on procedure for CH

1. Switch-off the ignition
2. Pull-forward the high-beam stalk momentarily (for about 1 second)
3. If you set-up the trigger channel as "driver door", then the lights that you selected will come-on when the driver's door is opened
4. The time-delay (i.e. 10 seconds in my screenshot) starts to count-down when the last door is closed on the car (inc. the hatch)

Don

Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
It seems like the VW chaps have changed the coding of the voice control button for the cars without voice control. On my 2014 GTI the voice control button would pause/mute the music however on my 2016 GTI the button does not pause the music, it only shows that stupid message and that's about it. Does anyone know if it can be coded with VCDS to pause the music?

GeoBog: The VC function (VW call it "Speech Dialogue System") on a MIB is enabled/disabled by Bit 1 on Byte 24 (see screenshot below).

From my experience with MIB1 units, I've found that the "stupid message" that you describe results whenever this Bit is enabled and the VC software is not installed. My suggestion is that you look in the control module @ address hex5F in your car - if this Bit is set, remove the tick.

But as I recall, when the VOICE button is pressed and VC is not present, the effect is to mute the sound - it doesn't "pause the music" as you suggest

Don

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Thanks, Don. From the explanation, it seems I have everything set right. I also have it set to automatic. I'll give the highbeam pull a try though anyway. You're the man.

GeoBog

Ready to race!
GeoBog: The VC function (VW call it "Speech Dialogue System") on a MIB is enabled/disabled by Bit 1 on Byte 24 (see screenshot below).

From my experience with MIB1 units, I've found that the "stupid message" that you describe results whenever this Bit is enabled and the VC software is not installed. My suggestion is that you look in the control module @ address hex5F in your car - if this Bit is set, remove the tick.

But as I recall, when the VOICE button is pressed and VC is not present, the effect is to mute the sound - it doesn't "pause the music" as you suggest

Don

Thanks Don but it doesn't work. I have found that the 2016 Golf coding is different than the 2014 one I had, especially the MIB 2 module. Unticking Bit 1 has no effect, I still get the message.

On my previous GTI, pressing the voice button on the steering wheel would mute the radion and pause the music if I was listening to MP3 from my SD card. Also the message was displayed on the MFD while now in the new GTI it is displayed on the main Infotainment screen.