GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS

mathcsx

Passed Driver's Ed
Anybody have the coding to enable the emergency flashing brakes lights on a us/can cars ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Is it possible to disable the nag screens/enable the menus in the MIB2 while you're driving?

Merkeyterkey: Hello again.

Try this: remove the tick-marks from Bit 0 and Bit 1 on Byte 23 of the module @ address Hex5F -see screenshot below.

Don
PS: Make sure that when you are implementing the change that your use the latest RT software because early version had the ability to disable access to some of the adaptation channels on MIBII units.

GeoBog

Ready to race!
Try 31347, same as 09 - Central Electronics. I haven't verified this, but it's what my little document says

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried it and it doesn't work.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Tried it and it doesn't work.

I just accessed this tonight. 31347 didn't work for me but 25327 did so give that a shot :)

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Merkeyterkey: Hello again.

Try this: remove the tick-marks from Bit 0 and Bit 1 on Byte 23 of the module @ address Hex5F -see screenshot below.

Don

Thanks Don, the more I read on this forum the more I realized you're a top notch guy and not some punk kid troll :thumbsup:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks Don, the more I read on this forum the more I realized you're a top notch guy and not some punk kid troll :thumbsup:

Merkeyterkey: "some punk kid troll" - pleeeeeeeeeeeze!! I'm probably many years older than you. I don't blame you for being young - it's not your fault!!

Don

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Does anyone know why I couldn't get my coming/leaving home stuff to work right? The problem I'm having is, when I turn the car off with the switch in auto, and leave the keys in, the coming home feature appears to be on, as I can see my DRLs on the wall in front of me. But as soon as I take the key out, they turn off. I've tried switching that one setting from Ignition to Door and vice versa.

Anyone experience this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have the OEM rain/light sensor? Or just an aftermarket euro switch? It's been known for a long time now that CH/LH will not work without the OEM sensor. Since with an aftermarket euro switch there's still really no sensor relaying the signals to turn on your lights. Hence the need for manual activation. I made the mistake of purchasing the euro switch with an aftermarket sensor thinking it would give me this capability before really researching the necessary parts. I blame it on being first vdub and learning their quirkiness.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Merkeyterkey: "some punk kid troll" - pleeeeeeeeeeeze!! I'm probably many years older than you. I don't blame you for being young - it's not your fault!!

Don

My names Jordan if you can remember

I'll post back here with my results in regards to the nag screens

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Do you have the OEM rain/light sensor? Or just an aftermarket euro switch? It's been known for a long time now that CH/LH will not work without the OEM sensor. Since with an aftermarket euro switch there's still really no sensor relaying the signals to turn on your lights. Hence the need for manual activation. I made the mistake of purchasing the euro switch with an aftermarket sensor thinking it would give me this capability before really researching the necessary parts. I blame it on being first vdub and learning their quirkiness.

Zimmie: I suspect that you are perfectly correct for the LH function - since it relies on leaving the rotary light switch on the AUTO position. However, I'm not so certain that the CH function necessarily requires the installation of a light sensor - since activation is simply initiated by the high-beam flash if the channel Coming Home Verbaustatus is set to manual, or it happens automatically if the channel is set to automatic.

Don

Quebster

Autocross Newbie

Ah! Thank you very much! :) Stuff like this needs to be posted with all of the VCDS mods. Like, "Note, this only works if you have the rain/light sensor."

I have an aftermarket Euro switch with the auto light conversion, i.e. a sensor that comes with the kit. I got it from USP. My car did not come with the rain/light sensor, or the lighting package. Thanks for giving me some closure on this :)

Now.. I'm still waiting to figure out how to adjust the cornering lights...

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
Currently: headlight switch to parking, no cluster lights come on (only tach & speed needles are lit) - no the tach nor odometer lights.

Want: tach/odometer lights (instrument cluster in front of the steering wheel) lit when switch only the parking lights on.
**This latter proc currently only works when the switch is on full headlights, only then with the instrument cluster lit fully.

Am looking for the procedure that would allow me to do this.
Not sure if the key has to be switched on or not - but either way is fine.

This is on a NAR 2015 GTI with Lighting Pack.

Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Currently: headlight switch to parking, no cluster lights come on (only tach & speed needles are lit) - no the tach nor odometer lights.

Want: tach/odometer lights (instrument cluster in front of the steering wheel) lit when switch only the parking lights on.
**This latter proc currently only works when the switch is on full headlights, only then with the instrument cluster lit fully.

Am looking for the procedure that would allow me to do this.
Not sure if the key has to be switched on or not - but either way is fine.

This is on a NAR 2015 GTI with Lighting Pack.

Mk7User: Try this tweak which was originally authored by DMC_ (on vortex forum- using my security code!)

1. Select Instruments control module (@ address hex17)
2. Select Security Access - 16
3. Enter 25327
4. Select Adaptation-10
5. Enter "Scale_switching" in the Search-box and select (1)-Illumination_algorithm-Scale_switching_algorithm from the pull-down button
6. Change parking_light to lds

Don

cebbes30

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello All,

I have a long time a problem wit the instrument cluster on my Golf 7.
So after months looking a found the error.

So every time before I start the car I switch off the ASR from the infotainment screen and then start the car, after that I drive the car for a while
Then a rescan the car no fault on the instrument cluster!

So I think i need to recode the ABS Brakes.
I have olso read about the programming ESP/ASR active /disabled option but I dont now sure because I have a 29 bytes ABS.
Which Byte and bit are the ASR on my ABS.

So I want to now HOW can I recode this fault out!

Address 17: Instruments (J285) Labels: 5G0-920-XXX-17.clb
Part No SW: 5G0 920 871 HW: 5G0 920 871
Component: KOMBI 353 2200
Coding: 07A50F002390000800086E00040000
Shop #: WSC 12345 123 123465
ASAM Dataset: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB 008031
ROD: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB_AU37.rod
VCID: 67F2E1F49ECB2A06DF-8032

1 Fault Found:
13639427 - Databus
U1123 00 [008] - Received Error Message
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear