GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

Which engine for the Turbo VR build is it gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
They're remapping the OE ECU for the 2.5 and will be fully married to all modules in the car and error code free.

Their schedule for releases/disclosure is not something I am privy to sorry.
No problem! Figured I'd ask.

Guess the dream lives on for now...

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
I wish VW would make an Atlas R with the 2.5t , mk8r diff and dq500 to compete against the mdx type s, ford explorer st etc. I think it would sell fairly well in North America.
Would you settle for a turbo kit for the 3.2 in the atlas? That would be pretty rad, too.

dcgtimk7

Go Kart Newbie
Would you settle for a turbo kit for the 3.2 in the atlas? That would be pretty rad, too.
I don't think so. You'd need to find a good 3.2 for sale without the 3.2 tax and you would need to piece together a turbo kit for it. You'd also have to get rid of the aisin slushbox.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
I don't think so. You'd need to find a good 3.2 for sale without the 3.2 tax and you would need to piece together a turbo kit for it. You'd also have to get rid of the aisin slushbox.
Ah I misspoke. It's the factory 3.6 from the Atlas I was referring to. A turbo kit for that.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
@Salami @manu97 you guys are free to reach out to Marcel directly to discuss pricing and builds btw. I can't discuss but he's pretty darn enthusiastic about it and these will get snapped up super quick once it goes wide (only 50 units limited run so serious inquiries really). Can reach him at mhorn@hpamotorsport.com

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
@Salami @manu97 you guys are free to reach out to Marcel directly to discuss pricing and builds btw. I can't discuss but he's pretty darn enthusiastic about it and these will get snapped up super quick once it goes wide (only 50 units limited run so serious inquiries really). Can reach him at mhorn@hpamotorsport.com
Appreciate you a lot!

Jonathan_HPA

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Audi TTRS / VW Atlas
I wish VW would make an Atlas R with the 2.5t , mk8r diff and dq500 to compete against the mdx type s, ford explorer st etc. I think it would sell fairly well in North America.
We have a turbo kit in the works for the 3.6 VR (I have an Atlas CS (VR) myself). Marcel believes that with a moderate boost in power and torque the transmission will hold - it's rated to tow 5000lbs. That being said, if you want us to build you an Atlas 2.5T with diff and DQ500 swap, all it takes is a healthy budget and a phone call into Marcel ;)

Last edited:

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Popped my head in at HPA today, and caught these bad boys lying in wait:

1685142791476.png

1685142815668.png

The fourth wheel arrived damaged, so need to wait on HRE to repair/replace it and I will finally have my new track wheels ready to rock.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Still laying in wait for the fireworks to start. And in that time I've added a few more items to the BoM while the car's in the shop:
  • Verkline front tubular sub frame
  • Verkline front tubular arms w/ modified kinematics
  • Seibon DV-style vented hood (because god damnit, it's going to generate a shit ton more heat)

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Had a ton of fun riding passenger at Area 27 this past monday. Pics are rolling in, and I have uploaded some video!

Got some matching pictures of me giving thanks to the photographer covering the event. Riding in this Mustang was absolutely SAVAGE. It wasn't the fastest car around the track, but it was very close to it. Super hot day: 35*C ambient, and easily 50*C on track. This car was stripped: no interior or heat shielding, and a transmission cooler INSIDE the cabin. It was a SAUNA in there and probably lost about 6lbs of water weight this session. Enjoy.
1686782570898.png

1686782559123.png