GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Maybe going forward, updates will have to be done directly on the website since it adds a little more security (user log-in)

Meh....

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Just adding this here. If youre is38 running record seeking irresponsible levels of daily power... need to watch it once you go FBO FBO FBO.

The car has every flow mod known to man and then I added a 3" catback. It was the straw that broke the camels back. The regular stage 2 no longer had the WG control we needed to control HUGE overboosting problems in the cold. With the DA in the nasty nasty lows, we literally made 21 psi with the GATE WIDE OPEN UP TOP.

So I had to switch over to the boss500 loader and retune which supposedly gives better WG control.

Just random fair warning catbacks do and can make a big difference if your'e already on the edge of fueling like I am. 1psi overboost can cause pressures to dip down into the 2000s at times. No grey area, once limit is passed FRP remains low until TQ drops dramatically.

tWat

Ready to race!
My computer got hacked and I lost everything. If I want to go back to a stock tune how do I go about getting the file to do so? Can the dealer flash it back to stock? Is the tuning device locked to my car now?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
My computer got hacked and I lost everything. If I want to go back to a stock tune how do I go about getting the file to do so? Can the dealer flash it back to stock? Is the tuning device locked to my car now?

You're fine as long as you still have your cable. You just need to reinstall Eurodyne on a computer.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
You're fine as long as you still have your cable. You just need to reinstall Eurodyne on a computer.
What ZuMBLe said... Eurodyne stores the stock ROM on their servers so it's easy to pop back to stock even if you have to wipe your PC out.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I believe tune is cable locked.
To be clear, I meant that the cable isn't locked/married to the car's ECU...

Eurodyne tunes are VIN locked. You should be able to use anyone's Eurodyne cable for any tune that you purchased for your car.

I know this since I used one friend's cable to flash my car and bought another friend's cable to keep for my own uses.

From looking over the details of the output of the eurodyne program it looks like it only looks at the VIN number of your car unless you want another tune, in which case it look for the credits available on your cable.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
To be clear, I meant that the cable isn't locked/married to the car's ECU...

Eurodyne tunes are VIN locked. You should be able to use anyone's Eurodyne cable for any tune that you purchased for your car.

I know this since I used one friend's cable to flash my car and bought another friend's cable to keep for my own uses.

From looking over the details of the output of the eurodyne program it looks like it only looks at the VIN number of your car unless you want another tune, in which case it look for the credits available on your cable.

I'm not sure you'll be able to reflash your bae tunes with your second cable?? I've read about people needing to pay for more credits after they lost/broke their cables.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Flashed DSG stage 3. Didn't get a ton of time to play with it but it seems to shift even quicker now?
That's always good...
Overall better than the stage 2 file?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
That's always good...
Overall better than the stage 2 file?
Normal driving is same as stage 2. I also flashed my winter map and moved boost down to 25 so perhaps it handles the torque better? Have to wait for warmer weather to give it a proper flogging on my send it tune to see if it's placebo or not. I didn't bother running adaptations after flash either.