GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Normal driving is same as stage 2. I also flashed my winter map and moved boost down to 25 so perhaps it handles the torque better? Have to wait for warmer weather to give it a proper flogging on my send it tune to see if it's placebo or not. I didn't bother running adaptations after flash either.
Gotcha. We now make the same boost (approximately)! ;)
I'm still mind blown the difference between winter fuel vs summer fuel quality.

I also can't wait for warmer weather and better fuel. Add some timing to the recipe.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Flashed DSG stage 3. Didn't get a ton of time to play with it but it seems to shift even quicker now?
I never really noticed it get any quicker from stg 2 to 3, just mainly adds the fancy launch control

GolfMk7R1

Guys, I've got a question for you. Sometimes I have some odd acceleration during WOT.

This doesn't happen all the time. Stage 1.5 adjustable and stage 2 TCU 2017 R.
I'll be cruising along in D in a high gear and then floor it (kickdown switch or just before).
The DSG will shift into a lower gear and begin to accelerate, however it accelerates slower than I would expect until it finally shifts into the next gear and then the expected acceleration returns. I don't believe it is clutch slip as the RPMS rise as during normal acceleration before finally shifting into the next gear. It's just when the next gear hits I finally get the power I expect.

Is this just turbo lag or something else?

GolfMk7R1

Log it and show us.

BTW, if you launch the car from a stop does it spin or just go?

I will try, it's very intermittent. When I am trying to replicate it and watching for the behavior it never does it. When it happens I try to recollect what I was doing before going WOT. I think I'm either decelerating and then WOT or I'm holding it at constant throttle and then suddenly WOT. It happens when I least expect it like driving to work and I need some passing power randomly. When I launch it squats, chirps the tires just a little bit, and goes.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Guys, I've got a question for you. Sometimes I have some odd acceleration during WOT.

This doesn't happen all the time. Stage 1.5 adjustable and stage 2 TCU 2017 R.
I'll be cruising along in D in a high gear and then floor it (kickdown switch or just before).
The DSG will shift into a lower gear and begin to accelerate, however it accelerates slower than I would expect until it finally shifts into the next gear and then the expected acceleration returns. I don't believe it is clutch slip as the RPMS rise as during normal acceleration before finally shifting into the next gear. It's just when the next gear hits I finally get the power I expect.

Is this just turbo lag or something else?
3rd, 4th + gears will have higher loads and usually feel faster. Which gear feels like it accelerates slower than the next gear?

However, it shouldn't feel like an On / Off switch either.

GolfMk7R1

3rd, 4th + gears will have higher loads and usually feel faster. Which gear feels like it accelerates slower than the next gear?

However, it shouldn't feel like an On / Off switch either.

I think the gear that feels slow varies. It obviously depends on the speed I'm traveling when I go WOT and the DSG will choose a gear. Usually when it happens it will downshift into 2nd/3rd gear and that feels slow going into 3rd/4th gear. I'd say maybe once it's happened downshifting to 4th (in highway speeds) but I may be wrong about that.

It's quite a definite change in acceleration between gears.

Last edited:

Sprinqer

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 Autobahn PP
I think the gear that feels slow varies. It obviously depends on the speed I'm traveling when I go WOT and the DSG will choose a gear. Usually when it happens it will downshift into 2nd/3rd gear and that feels slow going into 3rd/4th gear. I'd say maybe once it's happened downshifting to 4th (in highway speeds) but I may be wrong about that.

Sounds a bit like timing pull honestly. That's the issue I was having on my self tune for a while.
If you can try to back off the timing by one point on the octane slider, see if that helps or not.

GolfMk7R1

Sounds a bit like timing pull honestly. That's the issue I was having on my self tune for a while.
If you can try to back off the timing by one point on the octane slider, see if that helps or not.
I will give that a try. I just tried to replicate it several times during my lunch break and couldn't.
Odd though because my slider is only at 93 and I'm running with ~3gal e85 and the rest 93.
Boost is maxed on the slider (28) though I'm only seeing 25psi because that's what the file is limited to.

Sprinqer

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 Autobahn PP
I will give that a try. I just tried to replicate it several times during my lunch break and couldn't.
Odd though because my slider is only at 93 and I'm running with ~3gal e85 and the rest 93
Don't think of the slider as an accurate way of having "safe" timing for your actual octane level. The slider is there to give you different numbers to gauge how much or how little relative timing the tune will tell the ECU to use.

Also, does anyone know what was changed in 6.0.7 Maestro?

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie

Only way to really tell what's going on will be to log