GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocode front/rear chassis brace for daily driver?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
hmm I have been eyeing these for a while now, not sure how the old lady gonna feel about dropping 350 on "stupid car parts". This is the first real test since we just linked accounts, pray for me

<Unsolicited marriage advice>
Fully linked accounts is a mistake. Keep 2 separate accounts in addition to the linked account and give yourselves an allowance for your own hobbies/indulgences. Keep the allowance the same for both of you regardless of income distribution so there's no jealousy. My wife makes fun of me for car part purchases but can't do shit about it :)
</unsolicited marriage advice>

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Fully linked accounts is a mistake. Keep 2 separate accounts and give yourselves an allowance for your own hobbies/indulgences. Keep the allowance the same for both of you regardless of income distribution so there's no jealousy. My wife makes fun of me for car part purchases but can't do shit about it :)

And the preacher said you now are one. 😂

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Fully linked accounts is a mistake. Keep 2 separate accounts in addition to the linked account and give yourselves an allowance for your own hobbies/indulgences. Keep the allowance the same for both of you regardless of income distribution so there's no jealousy. My wife makes fun of me for car part purchases but can't do shit about it :)
Ya i mean we were pretty much this for the last 5 years of dating and such, but we shall see how it plays out. I’ve done everything i wanted besides big turbo because thats a next year thing. I know a lot of people who do the whole split gig but i think its easier to track everything with one.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Ya i mean we were pretty much this for the last 5 years of dating and such, but we shall see how it plays out. I’ve done everything i wanted besides big turbo because thats a next year thing. I know a lot of people who do the whole split gig but i think its easier to track everything with one.

For clarity, we're talking 3 accounts. One main account that all normal expenses (food housing taxes loan payments etc.) come out of. Then two small separate accounts that get an even distribution from the main account for individual play money. No need to track the personal accounts, except to make sure you don't overdraw!

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
I absolutely love my front/rear strut tower braces on my daily driver fwiw, on stock shocks/springs they made a massive improvement. you can find my rear deadset review also, which didn't make a huge impact but was noticeable enough that I will be doing the front in a few weeks which I have heard is more noticeable. The rear ECS underbody control arm braces made a noticeable improvement also but the front/rear braces were the big ones.

but the braces are a huge benefit you will notice before even pulling all the way out of your driveway. also my rear "X" brace can be removed with an allen tool and literally four bolts. I just keep the allen tool in my glovebox in case i ever need to fold down the back seats, would take <2 minutes to remove it if I ever do.

plus you can easily remove the front/rear braces and sell them later whenever you sell the car too and get some of your money back

I've heard the superpro front control arm bushings make a massive difference also and I will be doing those in a few weeks also, and not that expensive

my wife drives our VW to take kids to school etc and tons of potholes here so ride quality is really important, and we take this car up into the mountains so need some ground clearance etc. so I'm just going to do everything but leave oem stock springs/shocks and see how i like it. I'm almost there already and so far I'm really impressed how well this car handles on stock springs/shocks

Leonardp

Go Kart Newbie
I absolutely love my front/rear strut tower braces on my daily driver fwiw, on stock shocks/springs they made a massive improvement. you can find my rear deadset review also, which didn't make a huge impact but was noticeable enough that I will be doing the front in a few weeks which I have heard is more noticeable. The rear ECS underbody control arm braces made a noticeable improvement also but the front/rear braces were the big ones.

but the braces are a huge benefit you will notice before even pulling all the way out of your driveway. also my rear "X" brace can be removed with an allen tool and literally four bolts. I just keep the allen tool in my glovebox in case i ever need to fold down the back seats, would take <2 minutes to remove it if I ever do.

plus you can easily remove the front/rear braces and sell them later whenever you sell the car too and get some of your money back

I've heard the superpro front control arm bushings make a massive difference also and I will be doing those in a few weeks also, and not that expensive

my wife drives our VW to take kids to school etc and tons of potholes here so ride quality is really important, and we take this car up into the mountains so need some ground clearance etc. so I'm just going to do everything but leave oem stock springs/shocks and see how i like it. I'm almost there already and so far I'm really impressed how well this car handles on stock springs/shocks
Thanks, I may consider it then. I’ve got the BFI control arms already and the Tyrolsport front and rear sets on order.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
So I ended up picking up a EC rear bar from a local. One of the tools you need is a 8mm triple square. Can I use a hex key instead of the triple square? I read somewhere that you can use a hex instead. Is that true? I ordered a triple square set...but it won't arrive until Saturday.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
So I ended up picking up a EC rear bar from a local. One of the tools you need is a 8mm triple square. Can I use a hex key instead of the triple square? I read somewhere that you can use a hex instead. Is that true? I ordered a triple square set...but it won't arrive until Saturday.
Stick with triple square so you don't ruin the bolt or hex.

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner