GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocode front/rear chassis brace for daily driver?

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Thanks. Do you feel that lighter wheel make that much of a difference for a daily driver? I happen to really like the look of the stock Austins

Not really lol. But I’ve read some people notice a difference when going to lighter wheels. I think there was a more noticeable difference going from the stock crappy all seasons to performance all seasons (General AS-05).

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I would say yes, chassis bracing is really fun and makes the car handle so much better. I have ALOT of bracing done on my mk6, no regrets at all.

Bracing is one of my last mods coming up. What bracing do you have and which braces made the best difference?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thanks. Do you feel that lighter wheel make that much of a difference for a daily driver? I happen to really like the look of the stock Austins

I didn't really notice much difference in acceleration but I noticed a nice difference in braking and handling.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Bracing is one of my last mods coming up. What bracing do you have and which braces made the best difference?
I have 2 different front subframe braces that are awesome, not sure what the mk7 equivalent is on those, a unibrace ub which barely did anything, a unibrace rb for the rest subframe which I liked but it was subtle, and a rear hatch brace which made the biggest difference in reducing body roll.

Leonardp

Go Kart Newbie
What kind of difference are you after?

What is your goal or desired end-state?

Trying to help you here, not be an ass.
Thanks. Just a fun daily driver mostly. I’ve done quite a few mods, namely APR stage 2 ECS and DSG, CTS intercooler, VWR springs and shocks, Ultimate Racing downpipe, VWR cold air intake, H&R front and rear sway bars, BFI engine, transmission, and dogbone mounts, and upgraded rotors and pads, not to mention tons of cosmetic mods. I guess you could say I’ve gone a little overboard for a daily driver/weekend speed demon. I’ve done a 3.9 second 0-60 time in this thing, it’s crazy fast.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
hmm I have been eyeing these for a while now, not sure how the old lady gonna feel about dropping 350 on "stupid car parts". This is the first real test since we just linked accounts, pray for me
If you have to explain your hobby and justify to her what you enjoy, maybe a different conversation needs to happen.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
My wife just asked me “so what car part did I buy you this year for your birthday? Did I do a good job?”
My answer was “oh yes, you did awesome” ...as my hand hits the add to cart button on EQT coilovers

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Nah its just our way of communication and being respectful
As long as it works 🤘 pools are expensive to maintain, but if you have the bucks friggin go for it. I wish I had a pool. You gonna do a grotto and hot tub too?

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I wouldn't do it. mod is out in the weeds

driver > tires >.alignment > springs/dampers / sway bars

it's all about making the most of your driving skill and tire grip.

do you drive around on the street at the limits of your tires with esc off? that's the only way you can properly tune the above....or do it on a track or autox course, which would be socially responsible.