GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocode front/rear chassis brace for daily driver?

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
The stiffness translates to an improved steering feel on the street especially if you have an updated rear swaybar. I noticed an immediate difference with my XBQ brace and Neuspeed rear bar.
And the OP needs to decide if increased steering feel is worth $350 when there is no other measurable effect or benefit.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I would say yes, chassis bracing is really fun and makes the car handle so much better. I have ALOT of bracing done on my mk6, no regrets at all.
I had Unibrace XB, UB, Koni coilovers, and the largest H&R sway bars on my MK6. When one corner was jacked up, the car would teeter on a single wheel on the opposite corner.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
hmm I have been eyeing these for a while now, not sure how the old lady gonna feel about dropping 350 on "stupid car parts". This is the first real test since we just linked accounts, pray for me

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
hmm I have been eyeing these for a while now, not sure how the old lady gonna feel about dropping 350 on "stupid car parts". This is the first real test since we just linked accounts, pray for me
Be smart, if you can't explain how it makes your hobby better/faster/whatever, skip it.

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I have both the front and rear braces and all the suspension mods you have plus camber mounts. If you aren’t autox/tracking I think you should spend the money on a JB4, stage 1 tune, lighter wheels, or stickier tires. The braces only made a minor improvement for me.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

are you telling her they’re stupid? I’m going to guess it won’t help the argument lol

Leonardp

Go Kart Newbie
I have both the front and rear braces and all the suspension mods you have plus camber mounts. If you aren’t autox/tracking I think you should spend the money on a JB4, stage 1 tune, lighter wheels, or stickier tires. The braces only made a minor improvement for me.
Thanks. Do you feel that lighter wheel make that much of a difference for a daily driver? I happen to really like the look of the stock Austins