Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I assume that's a bit of sarcasm. Sorry man...seemed like you legitimately didn't know. Just trying to to be helpful!

It was just the first silly meme I could find. No worries. I was really just messing with Diggs.

Ostateballer

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S PP/LP
Ok, I will rule it out. Run out the remaining fuel for next time.

Last edited:

ClubFed

Car(s)
Golf R
I have a quick question. I could hit 4k on my stock LC, then added an EQT stage 1 93 tune, and now my LC modulates between 3200-3500. Took it to a few drag nights, and about 15 runs all did the same. It launched fine, and damn did it pull great (best so far is a 8.0 @86mph w/ a 1.78 60'). Just wanted to see if this LC rpm was normal after going with EQT, or if there's something I need to look into.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I have a quick question. I could hit 4k on my stock LC, then added an EQT stage 1 93 tune, and now my LC modulates between 3200-3500. Took it to a few drag nights, and about 15 runs all did the same. It launched fine, and damn did it pull great (best so far is a 8.0 @86mph w/ a 1.78 60'). Just wanted to see if this LC rpm was normal after going with EQT, or if there's something I need to look into.

Launch Control for Cobb/EQT is rpm adjustable. Here is how to make the adjustment. EQT made a revision on their LC for stage 2 recently and may have done the same for stage 1. Default rev max is 4K on slot 1, don't know why its lower on yours.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
^^unless he didnt select Cobb LC when he purchased his tune, then it is simply oem strategy launch control. Not sure what RPM that would be or if they tweak it at all vs stock.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
^^unless he didnt select Cobb LC when he purchased his tune, then it is simply oem strategy launch control. Not sure what RPM that would be or if they tweak it at all vs stock.

Good point. OEM LC rpm is supposed to be around 3200. Sounds about right if OP didn't elect Cobb's LC.

Excerpt from EQT's FAQ:

COBB Tuning offers custom features on most if not all platforms they support. These features vary depending on the make/model of the vehicle. For the MK7/7.5 platform, these features are explained in detail here: Cobb Custom Features for MK7 and MK7.5 By default, we elect to maintain the OEM launch control heuristics, as they perform the best. If you prefer COBB’s methodology, please select your choices accordingly.
In addition to these features, we enable options such as “NASKD”, or No Auto-upshift, KickDown control (DSG equipment, manual-mode selected). Kickdown disabled/enabled controls the gear change when you hit 100% throttle input (or pass the 80% threshold / pedal “stop”) If you disable this kickdown, then the car will not downshift to a lower gear. OEM configuration is enabled. Auto-upshift essentially removes the shifting at redline to the next higher gear, which will allow the car to maintain redline at any gear you are in. OEM configuration is enabled.

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
I believe if you have the Cobb LC, “slot 7” reverts it back to OEM LC. I haven’t launched this way but when I tested it, rpms sat just under 4k and it sounded like spark cut not the fuel cut Cobb uses. For my setup Cobb LC psi hits between 5.5-6. Setting it to “slot 7” boost hit between 8-8.5.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Did Ed ever come out with an E30 (or whatever) blend ots map for stage 2 for places where there's no 93 at the pump?

Or do people just run the standard 93 map with E20 or some such?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
His e30 OTS Stage 2 is only available right now for the R platform.