GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

cinosa

Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
I sent an email 2 days ago looking for some info on doing an update to the ECU/DSG tunes, and I need my original order # (shoulda kept that email, damn it) to complete the update purchase. What's the typical turn around time for emails sent to the sales or support email addresses?

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Are you slamming the brake? If i remember correctly you just need enough to start slowing the car down

Nope, very mild pressure into a longer turn, only intention was to build boost for when I exit. Just gentle enough to start slowing down, but once they grabbed throttle just completely cuts.

Next time I'll try it again, maybe I was doing something wrong.

mopar22

Go Kart Champion
Nope, very mild pressure into a longer turn, only intention was to build boost for when I exit. Just gentle enough to start slowing down, but once they grabbed throttle just completely cuts.

Next time I'll try it again, maybe I was doing something wrong.
Try on a straight line, not sure if you can do it past a certain steering angle

The Dude

Drag Racing Champion
Ecutek released map switching, is it a separate "tune" for each map slot or is it just permutations of the primary tune? Like, If I wanted an E85 map, and E50 map, a pump gas map, and a lean burn "eco" map, am I 1600 into just different maps, or would it be a smaller charge per map?

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Ecutek released map switching, is it a separate "tune" for each map slot or is it just permutations of the primary tune? Like, If I wanted an E85 map, and E50 map, a pump gas map, and a lean burn "eco" map, am I 1600 into just different maps, or would it be a smaller charge per map?

There isnt enough room on the ECU for proper multiple tunes so I have to assume its config changes within the same tune. Would be nice to get an official answer from ECUTek on this.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
From what I gathered, you can just do adjustable torque target per slot. Effectively different boost/power per slot, and some valet type functionality (speed, range, time). but that's it. I saw phase 2 was supposed to include timing and/or E content adjustable per slot, but not a lot of fine details.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
There isnt enough room on the ECU for proper multiple tunes so I have to assume its config changes within the same tune. Would be nice to get an official answer from ECUTek on this.
Idk if I believe that my 2008 audi a4 was able to change tunes on the fly with the cruise control switch. These mk7s should be able to change tunes on the fly. Shoot a old b5 s4 could change tunes on the fly from APR 20 years ago.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Idk if I believe that my 2008 audi a4 was able to change tunes on the fly with the cruise control switch. These mk7s should be able to change tunes on the fly. Shoot a old b5 s4 could change tunes on the fly from APR 20 years ago.

2008 uses a differnt ECU, my older cars like the MK5 GLI and 99 A4 all had 4 different tunes loaded on them. This new ECU APR has said doesnt have enough room for multiples which is why they dont offer them like they do on previous platforms.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
2008 uses a differnt ECU, my older cars like the MK5 GLI and 99 A4 all had 4 different tunes loaded on them. This new ECU APR has said doesnt have enough room for multiples which is why they dont offer them like they do on previous platforms.
Well That just sucks

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
EQT, VW just released another update to the 19+ GTI. Looks like it's a revision to the first fix related to VVT not being programed correctly to work with the new oil pump and 0w-20 oil. Do you have any plans to incorporate these fixes into future revisions for 19+ mk7 GTI?

cinosa

Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
How do I get my hands on the v2.51 ECU update? I paid for it on saturday, I expected to have it by now, but nothing. My car is suffering from part throttle spark knock, and the latest 2.51 update says it addresses some things that could help prevent knock. I don't do FB, so going to their closed group is an immediate no go.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
How do I get my hands on the v2.51 ECU update? I paid for it on saturday, I expected to have it by now, but nothing. My car is suffering from part throttle spark knock, and the latest 2.51 update says it addresses some things that could help prevent knock. I don't do FB, so going to their closed group is an immediate no go.
Check your spam folder on your email. It always flags emails from EQT for some reason for me.