GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Got Boost

Car(s)
2011 GTI
About to pull the trigger on EQT tunes for my Golf R w/DSG. Purchasing their stage 2, but plan to run on COBBs stage 1 until I can install an aftermarket down pipe.
Was curious, does the factory launch control still function with EQTs DSG tuning installed?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
About to pull the trigger on EQT tunes for my Golf R w/DSG. Purchasing their stage 2, but plan to run on COBBs stage 1 until I can install an aftermarket down pipe.
Was curious, does the factory launch control still function with EQTs DSG tuning installed?
Cobb OTS is garbage, I suggest just wait until you get the DP to flash Stg2. You can choose between OE LC or Cobb LC when you purchase the DSG file.

Got Boost

Car(s)
2011 GTI
Cobb OTS is garbage, I suggest just wait until you get the DP to flash Stg2. You can choose between OE LC or Cobb LC when you purchase the DSG file.
Their Gokf R tunes, or all their tunes? I ran a COBB tune on my MK6 GTI and loved it. Good power, no knock, and mileage was almost unchanged from stock.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
The general consensus seems to be that their mqb ots tunes are not what they were on the Mk6 platform. Lumpy and knock ridden. I ran Stg2 for a day before flashing the EQT file and it was night and day difference across the board. JB4 was smoother than the Cobb was for me.

Got Boost

Car(s)
2011 GTI
The general consensus seems to be that their mqb ots tunes are not what they were on the Mk6 platform. Lumpy and knock ridden. I ran Stg2 for a day before flashing the EQT file and it was night and day difference across the board. JB4 was smoother than the Cobb was for me.
Thanks. Probably try their low octane stage 1 and monitor for knock. DP isn’t happening for few awhile as the AP with EQT engine and DSG tunes wiped out my discretionary money for a few months. 😂

cinosa

Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
What are the recommended spark plugs for stage 2? I'm on Ruthenium's and am seeing some spark knock that I'd like to eliminate. The latest v2.51 tune file helped a bit (was seeing -4.5 / -3.5 on cyl 3 & 4 respectively), and I've now got a full tank of 91 + octane booster to see if I can get it down even further, but when my hybrid turbo + MPI kit gets here, I'd like to go 1-2 heat ranges colder so I'd like to know what to consider.

CaptainRatty

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
What are the recommended spark plugs for stage 2? I'm on Ruthenium's and am seeing some spark knock that I'd like to eliminate. The latest v2.51 tune file helped a bit (was seeing -4.5 / -3.5 on cyl 3 & 4 respectively), and I've now got a full tank of 91 + octane booster to see if I can get it down even further, but when my hybrid turbo + MPI kit gets here, I'd like to go 1-2 heat ranges colder so I'd like to know what to consider.
Are your Ruths gapped to .024? That’s what I’m using on my EQT stage 2 with no issues. When those plugs are toast, I’m debating switching to NGK RS7 plugs (91006)

cinosa

Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Are your Ruths gapped to .024? That’s what I’m using on my EQT stage 2 with no issues. When those plugs are toast, I’m debating switching to NGK RS7 plugs (91006)
They are, yeah. I'm positive EQT can tune out the part throttle spark knock I'm seeing, but I'd like to see what I can do on my end while waiting for them to get back to me (they're incredibly delayed in answering me, but I'm sure it's not just me).

okMK

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
16 2dr MK7
Hey Ed! I ordered my COBB accessport through your website yesterday and opted for the 93 stage 1 tune. Have you been impacted at all by COVID in terms of having access ports in stock? And if so, what have your shipping dates looked like? I look forward to being on the platform and eventually going all out with one of your turbos and a pro-tune. Thanks!

Last edited:

Got Boost

Car(s)
2011 GTI
Hey Ed! I ordered my COBB accessport through your website yesterday and opted for the custom 93 stage 1 tune. Have you been impacted at all by COVID in terms of having access ports in stock? And if so, what have your shipping dates looked like? I look forward to being on the platform and eventually going all out with one of your turbos and a pro-tune. Thanks!
Don’t think your gonna see any delays. I ordered an AP with EQT tunes off their site early yesterday and got a tracking number late last night.

okMK

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
16 2dr MK7
Don’t think your gonna see any delays. I ordered an AP with EQT tunes off their site early yesterday and got a tracking number late last night.
Yea I got the tracking last night, kind of amazing. I was willing to order the AP from COBB if necessary, but it looks like Ed and the gang have everything under control.

Curryninja

Car(s)
2016 MK7 GTI
Sounds like they got things streamlined now. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the Staged Tune emailed? I ordered it last night.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Sounds like they got things streamlined now. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the Staged Tune emailed? I ordered it last night.
Sometimes a day or so and when they are busy longer. They seem to be caught up better currently so I would think pretty quick.