GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
There isnt enough room on the ECU for proper multiple tunes so I have to assume its config changes within the same tune. Would be nice to get an official answer from ECUTek on this.
Idk if I believe that my 2008 audi a4 was able to change tunes on the fly with the cruise control switch. These mk7s should be able to change tunes on the fly. Shoot a old b5 s4 could change tunes on the fly from APR 20 years ago.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Idk if I believe that my 2008 audi a4 was able to change tunes on the fly with the cruise control switch. These mk7s should be able to change tunes on the fly. Shoot a old b5 s4 could change tunes on the fly from APR 20 years ago.

2008 uses a differnt ECU, my older cars like the MK5 GLI and 99 A4 all had 4 different tunes loaded on them. This new ECU APR has said doesnt have enough room for multiples which is why they dont offer them like they do on previous platforms.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
2008 uses a differnt ECU, my older cars like the MK5 GLI and 99 A4 all had 4 different tunes loaded on them. This new ECU APR has said doesnt have enough room for multiples which is why they dont offer them like they do on previous platforms.
Well That just sucks

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
EQT, VW just released another update to the 19+ GTI. Looks like it's a revision to the first fix related to VVT not being programed correctly to work with the new oil pump and 0w-20 oil. Do you have any plans to incorporate these fixes into future revisions for 19+ mk7 GTI?

cinosa

Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
How do I get my hands on the v2.51 ECU update? I paid for it on saturday, I expected to have it by now, but nothing. My car is suffering from part throttle spark knock, and the latest 2.51 update says it addresses some things that could help prevent knock. I don't do FB, so going to their closed group is an immediate no go.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
How do I get my hands on the v2.51 ECU update? I paid for it on saturday, I expected to have it by now, but nothing. My car is suffering from part throttle spark knock, and the latest 2.51 update says it addresses some things that could help prevent knock. I don't do FB, so going to their closed group is an immediate no go.
Check your spam folder on your email. It always flags emails from EQT for some reason for me.

Got Boost

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
About to pull the trigger on EQT tunes for my Golf R w/DSG. Purchasing their stage 2, but plan to run on COBBs stage 1 until I can install an aftermarket down pipe.
Was curious, does the factory launch control still function with EQTs DSG tuning installed?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
About to pull the trigger on EQT tunes for my Golf R w/DSG. Purchasing their stage 2, but plan to run on COBBs stage 1 until I can install an aftermarket down pipe.
Was curious, does the factory launch control still function with EQTs DSG tuning installed?
Cobb OTS is garbage, I suggest just wait until you get the DP to flash Stg2. You can choose between OE LC or Cobb LC when you purchase the DSG file.

Got Boost

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Cobb OTS is garbage, I suggest just wait until you get the DP to flash Stg2. You can choose between OE LC or Cobb LC when you purchase the DSG file.
Their Gokf R tunes, or all their tunes? I ran a COBB tune on my MK6 GTI and loved it. Good power, no knock, and mileage was almost unchanged from stock.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
The general consensus seems to be that their mqb ots tunes are not what they were on the Mk6 platform. Lumpy and knock ridden. I ran Stg2 for a day before flashing the EQT file and it was night and day difference across the board. JB4 was smoother than the Cobb was for me.

Got Boost

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
The general consensus seems to be that their mqb ots tunes are not what they were on the Mk6 platform. Lumpy and knock ridden. I ran Stg2 for a day before flashing the EQT file and it was night and day difference across the board. JB4 was smoother than the Cobb was for me.
Thanks. Probably try their low octane stage 1 and monitor for knock. DP isn’t happening for few awhile as the AP with EQT engine and DSG tunes wiped out my discretionary money for a few months. 😂