GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daks' GTI

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Decided to get bolts to replace the factory ones, as the plan is to do the mount on Thursday. Living in Canada is awesome.

Mounts shipping.JPG

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Bro, if you ever want anything from the US and you're going to get pounded in the ass on shipping, just ship it to me and I'll forward it to you, which would probably be much cheaper overall. For some reason some companies charge out the ass for shipping. Did that for @DSC808 when CTS wanted something like $150 to ship the wastegate actuator extension harness to him in HI. Free shipping to me, and I plopped it in a flat rate box for $8... Obviously would be a bit more than $8 for you, but even the HPFP was like $35 to ship to you or something. If you need something from the US and shipping is like $100+, the option is there.

Decided to get bolts to replace the factory ones, as the plan is to do the mount on Thursday. Living in Canada is awesome.

View attachment 242514

1647355234120.png

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
You are too kind - I'm going to call the shop I got the mounts from to see if they have the bolts - I think they were supposed to provide them to me anyway. I'll see where I go with that, if not, then I'll take you up on it. Thanks again.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
You are too kind - I'm going to call the shop I got the mounts from to see if they have the bolts - I think they were supposed to provide them to me anyway. I'll see where I go with that, if not, then I'll take you up on it. Thanks again.
lol WCT and not shipping the bolts that are supposed to be included.

Name a more iconic duo

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Shop that I bought them from is going to ship them to me free of charge. Great customer service from WCT Performance.
Had some experience with those folk too. Seem real solid. Also from my old stomping grounds in Markham.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
good luck with the killmat! its a fun but trying process to tear the trunk apart (rather, to get it all back together especially the c pillars) but makes a great difference; get under the rear seats while you're in there. the hatch door itself is the source of many little rattles but the trunk floor is where a majority of the road noise comes from.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
good luck with the killmat! its a fun but trying process to tear the trunk apart (rather, to get it all back together especially the c pillars) but makes a great difference; get under the rear seats while you're in there. the hatch door itself is the source of many little rattles but the trunk floor is where a majority of the road noise comes from.
This homey did it a how-to.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
is lasthumans a member on here?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I used his video when I did mine, didn't bother with c pillars. Made a nice difference and was an easy job

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
After doing my while hatch i think youd be way on thw right track just doing the areas paralell to the ground - and the hatch lid.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
This homey did it a how-to.

A how to on the commonly incorrect way of using sound deadener products though…

That product at 100% coverage vs 30% coverage is neg. Since it’s made to stop vibrations and resonance of metal panels not to BLOCK sounds or trap frequencies.

Gotta do it right to get the biggest results when it comes to sound control. I did the 3 layer process on the front doors - crazy results but what a horrible process!

https://web.archive.org/web/20210609214849/https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

But doing it wrong still will get some results no doubt.