GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daks' GTI

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
That's chunky. Get some MPI in there and never think about it again ;)
Not this year, maybe next year, who knows. This year I want to get that FR450 dialed in and buttoned up and call it a year. Spent a fair amount on this car this year.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
View attachment 240273

Don't have an after shot. Tech put the shit back on and didn't snap one. I know what everyone will say. But I've been taking my cars to this shop well over a decade and they have been flawless every time. That and the way the car feels now leaves me with no doubts.

Oh. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

When I said "pictures", I was expecting nudes...

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
That’s pretty dirty for 77k miles. I guess I’ll do mine when I reach 50k miles

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Today my hpfp finally shipped.
Screenshot_20220302_213922_com.google.android.gm.jpg

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
satisfying!

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
The snow was off the ground and I had a few hours to spare. It was between mounts and the exhaust, and well, the kid in me wanted more noise.

All in all, not a hard job but definitely a cumbersome one when you're by yourself. You need to have a good bench press if you're working off of ramps and stands. First time I used the stubby milwuakee, nice little tool, but the torque on it snapped one of the four bolts on the bracket that's midway through the exhaust. Three remain, whatever, hot rod. All in all, super happy with the exhaust. Got this thing used for 400 Cad. Spent 40 on the cleaner and another 35 on new gaskets from vibrant. Getting the hangers off was a bitch until I figured out how to do it. It took me around two and half to three hours of fuckery but I did it and I did it well.

IMG_20220305_181337.jpg

IMG_20220305_181345.jpg

IMG_20220305_181419.jpg

Good clearance, that part scared me.

IMG_20220305_183350.jpg

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Sound Clip!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Pro tip if anyone plans on changing an exhaust. Exhaust hanger pliers are worth the $15.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I went for a rip. Between 2.5 and 3.5k it's boomy. Like my ass shakes boomy and loud.... I don't mind it, I don't think. I'm gonna live with it for a week before I decide to put a resonator in. But at wot it sounds like fire.

This exhaust could be the best thing to happen to my fuel economy. After a bit I started shifting at like 2k.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Pro tip if anyone plans on changing an exhaust. Exhaust hanger pliers are worth the $15.
I second that

After installing many exhausts on many cars I finally broke down and bought a set when I installed my DP. They're worth every penny!