GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daks' GTI

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
A how to on the commonly incorrect way of using sound deadener products though…

That product at 100% coverage vs 30% coverage is neg. Since it’s made to stop vibrations and resonance of metal panels not to BLOCK sounds or trap frequencies.

Gotta do it right to get the biggest results when it comes to sound control. I did the 3 layer process on the front doors - crazy results but what a horrible process!

https://web.archive.org/web/20210609214849/https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

But doing it wrong still will get some results no doubt.
Thanks for this - I primarily bought it since I'm vibrating a bit from the non-resonated catback; I don't want a resonator. Thought was to cover the trunk, under the rear seats and doors.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
download (4).png

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Today I purchased an EQT custom tune. I am hoping to install the turbo this upcoming weekend.
Are you installing it yourself?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Today I purchased an EQT custom tune. I am hoping to install the turbo this upcoming weekend.

Do you plan on not driving your car for a couple of weeks?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yes.

I need support Jon, not sarcasm.

I'm not being sarcastic. I see you falling into the same trap I did at the start. It'll take 2 - 3 weeks before you get your base map from EQT. If you just purchased it today, there's an almost guaranteed chance you won't have it by this weekend.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I had the same thought. "Ok, tune has been purchased. Should get it in a day or two, and be good to install this weekend."

Nope. Get fucked. 2 - 3 weeks. That's how I ended up purchasing the Sneeky tune, since I didn't want to wait.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I'm not being sarcastic. I see you falling into the same trap I did at the start. It'll take 2 - 3 weeks before you get your base map from EQT. If you just purchased it today, there's a almost guaranteed chance you won't have it by this weekend.
Gotcha, yeah thats fine. Just looked at the forecast -2 and rain. Not happening this weekend anyway.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Gotcha, yeah thats fine. Just looked at the forecast -2 and rain. Not happening this weekend anyway.

Yeah. I'd wait to have the base map before you make the install plans, since it's a crapshoot of how long it'll take to get your base map.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I had the same thought. "Ok, tune has been purchased. Should get it in a day or two, and be good to install this weekend."

Nope. Get fucked. 2 - 3 weeks. That's how I ended up purchasing the Sneeky tune, since I didn't want to wait.
Mr. Get fucked. What tools do I need for the turbo install, I have the basics, but I don't have things like crows feet, etc... Anything else that would be helpful?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Mr. Get fucked. What tools do I need for the turbo install, I have the basics, but I don't have things like crows feet, etc... Anything else that would be helpful?

Stubby triple squares are the only non-normal tool. The stubbier, the better. Get these if they have them on your silly Amazon.ca website.

CARBYNE Super Short XZN Triple Square Socket Bit Set, 8 Piece, 4mm to 16mm | S2 Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MQQ2QL1/

They're good because you can put a wrench around them to crack the line on the back of the turbo loose.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Here is my Stanley kit. Do I need them stubbier than they are in the upper right hand?
IMG_20220321_115340.jpg