GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
APR 19x8.5 et45 are confirmed to fit
DA8B8638-5DE3-4035-BFD6-ACFDA51EC7A8.jpeg

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Went back into OBD11. This is what I believe is the abs bleed function. Was talking to an Audi tech at the dealership and they say that they step through this during a brake bleed and it cycles the pump

View attachment 206817

I also found this which lets you change the size of both the front and rear rotors. No idea if it changes anything

View attachment 206818

And finally, if there is anyone who is annoyed with the brake pad indicator light, cause they no longer have pad sensors. It can be disabled via OBD11/Vagcom

Control Unit 09 Central Electrics
Long Coding
Byte 04, Bit 7 – Brake pad wear sensor – Installed/Not Installed

So what are the actual steps? Do you bleed then press first flushing cycle? then what? open up the rear bleeder values and press bleed rear?

If you could ask your tech what the actual process is, I think that would be super helpful.

Interesting to know about the brake light. I just have a dummy plug

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
I'll ask him next time I go, might just give it a shot and see what happens. For the brake light, my plastic connecter was pretty much destroyed so I just said screw it and cut it.

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
Finally ordered the calipers. Are the high-temp caliper rebuilt kit recommended if I plan on tracking my car? and do I need to buy the brake lines? Are there any benefits of upgrading to techna-fits?

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Finally ordered the calipers. Are the high-temp caliper rebuilt kit recommended if I plan on tracking my car? and do I need to buy the brake lines? Are there any benefits of upgrading to techna-fits?
The piston seals that came in the caliper are fine, but my dust boots were dust after 1 or 2 track days.

Yes, you need to buy some sort of brake line, be it the stock Macan ones or the Techna-Fit. The MK7 brake lines are not in the same style and will not work for these calipers.

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
The piston seals that came in the caliper are fine, but my dust boots were dust after 1 or 2 track days.

Yes, you need to buy some sort of brake line, be it the stock Macan ones or the Techna-Fit. The MK7 brake lines are not in the same style and will not work for these calipers.
Thanks just ordered the brake lines. Will these boots fit? I just searched for 42mm which were on the kit listed on front page https://racingbrake.com/db-42ht

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I’ve been following this thread and was about to do it until I contacted the Porsche dealerships and they gave me a 3 week shipping time. If anybody let’s go of their set, shoot me a PM. By chance did anyone take a picture of their cut up dust shield with air duct?
are you looking for the calipers?

If so, I'll should have my set ready for sale hopefully by Sunday. I just want to install the high-temp dust boots, and put some of the grease on the pistons. The OEM dust boots are a little beat up and didn't want to sell it like that. (or if the new owner would feel more comfortable doing it themselves, that's fine too)

The set will also include titanium shims, and a brand new set of Akebono pads, Goodridge Macan SS lines with SS fittings that were custom short so no zip ties needed. They are painted blue with a Brembo sticker.

You can PM if interested.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Why thank you. Not bad for $30 and a few hours of time if I say so myself.
View attachment 171926

Question for your (or anyone, really). Did you put on the decals once completely finished, or did you go primer > paint > decals > clear, and do the clear coat over the decals?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Question for your (or anyone, really). Did you put on the decals once completely finished, or did you go primer > paint > decals > clear, and do the clear coat over the decals?
I believe I did primer-> paint -> decals ->clear. Two coats of each.

One year and 7 track days later they still look good. There are a few nicks here and there but overall very happy, especially since it only cost me like $50.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I did power coat and decals. Decals still look good.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I did a horrible paint job but I don't care that much. Maybe i'll get them sandblasted and powder coated in the future.
At 50 mph, there no difference.