GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Sorry if this is formatted incorrectly. I am new to the forum and am using my phone. I have a 2018 gti s - 6mt with an injen sp intake (I know ) and CTS catless DP. I am considering JB4 and running map 2. Does anyone know what power levels I will be looking at? We have 92 octane up here in the pnw. I am already very impressed with the stock ecu/tune’s ability to make power with a few bolt ons. I have pulled on a blob eye sti and my buddy’s k04 1.8t gti. I plan on eventually going FBO/stacked JB4+tune/meth in the future. Cheers

I’m thinking with your current setup on Map 2 you’ll be in the 280-290 whp range. In the first post of this thread the BMS dyno sheet says 272 whp for a stock car on Map 2 and 91 octane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scuba_mk7.5

Scuba_mk7.5

I’m thinking with your current setup on Map 2 you’ll be in the 280-290 whp range. In the first post of this thread the BMS dyno sheet says 272 whp for a stock car on Map 2 and 91 octane.

I would be happy with that for now, thanks for the info

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I would be happy with that for now, thanks for the info

You’re welcome and welcome to the forum!

theycallmedavis

Hey guys,

I installed my JB4 unit a few weeks ago, began on Map 1 and switched to Map 2 to feel a noticeable difference.

I'd like to take things a step further and log some info so I can tweak some numbers accordingly, but for some reason, when I plug the USB cable into my laptop and begin logging, no graphs show up and the RPM, Pedal, and Throttle boxes all show 0 while other's like boost, FP, etc fluctuate.

I'm currently running the 60/6/5 firmware (6B.hex), with my Future Use D set to 0 per George.

No graphs show up after being connected, hitting F1, and being in any qualifying map. (0,1,2, or 4).

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hey guys,

I installed my JB4 unit a few weeks ago, began on Map 1 and switched to Map 2 to feel a noticeable difference.

I'd like to take things a step further and log some info so I can tweak some numbers accordingly, but for some reason, when I plug the USB cable into my laptop and begin logging, no graphs show up and the RPM, Pedal, and Throttle boxes all show 0 while other's like boost, FP, etc fluctuate.

I'm currently running the 60/6/5 firmware (6B.hex), with my Future Use D set to 0 per George.

No graphs show up after being connected, hitting F1, and being in any qualifying map. (0,1,2, or 4).

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Hit f1
floor it
when done flooring it hit f2
graph will pop up

Scuba_mk7.5

Hey guys another question. I am buying a JB4 from psychonosspaz on Friday and can’t wait to dive into all the fun. I see map 1 states an average of 4.5psi over stock. Map 2 averages 24psi tapering to 16 at redline. I have read conflicting statements saying stock boost is 17psi or 19psi. If 17psi, then map one is 21.5psi and map 2 is obviously 24. If 19psi is stock then map 1 is 23.5psi while the more aggressive map 2 is only .5psi higher at 24. I know there is more to it when it comes to ambient air temp, elevation, etc. but for simplicity’s sake, is stock boost on average 17, or 19? Thanks guys please forgive my ignorance here. Cheers

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Hey guys another question. I am buying a JB4 from psychonosspaz on Friday and can’t wait to dive into all the fun. I see map 1 states an average of 4.5psi over stock. Map 2 averages 24psi tapering to 16 at redline. I have read conflicting statements saying stock boost is 17psi or 19psi. If 17psi, then map one is 21.5psi and map 2 is obviously 24. If 19psi is stock then map 1 is 23.5psi while the more aggressive map 2 is only .5psi higher at 24. I know there is more to it when it comes to ambient air temp, elevation, etc. but for simplicity’s sake, is stock boost on average 17, or 19? Thanks guys please forgive my ignorance here. Cheers
I'm guessing the info in the first post is outdated.
IIRC, map 1 adds 4psi across the board.

Map 2 adds 4.5psi and up. See the "target" parameter of my log to see how much boost is being added at given rpm intervals. https://datazap.me/u/needsleep/log-1530481180?log=0&data=1-2-3-4&solo=3-5&trim=0&tmin=804&tmax=871

You can see my stock boost values through the "ecu_psi" parameter.

Map 3 is supposed to be an absolute map that's similar to map 2, which is additive. I've only seen like 1 person say they tried map 3, but no one's commented on what absolute boost values are being targeted.

Map 4 in the latest firmware version is now a valet map that decreases boost from stock.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Scuba_mk7.5

Thank you for posting your graph and for the information. I’m still learning how to read these datazap graphs.

hotchicken

Ready to race!
Please don’t hate/flame me. I’ve searched and can’t find an answer. What can I do if anything by way of JB4 adjustments to help with low end torque? No decent power until 3k, and it’s killing me coming from my BMW that has huge torque from 1500 on.

2018 GTI SE 6M.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Please don’t hate/flame me. I’ve searched and can’t find an answer. What can I do if anything by way of JB4 adjustments to help with low end torque? No decent power until 3k, and it’s killing me coming from my BMW that has huge torque from 1500 on.

2018 GTI SE 6M.

Unfortunately more low end torque and your stock clutch won’t play nice together and there’s a good chance if you push more boost down low it will slip. If the clutch wasn’t an issue you could set up a Map 6 with the boost dialed in down low.

Also pro tip for searching, type this into google: site:golfmk7.com your search here

primaltugboat

Passed Driver's Ed
When selling a JB4 to someone else, do they need to do any kind of resetting? Selling mine and want to make sure the buyer is good to go when they get it.

Ketchup

Passed Driver's Ed
JB4 in California??

Hi all. Been looking for a JB4 and it looks like no one will ship it to California. Is there a vendor that ships these to CA?

Looking to get my new GTI that last week in December to try to get a good deal.
(Have to get away from this money-pit Mini)