GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

bcgti

Ready to race!
Hey guys!

Would Map1 on 91oct be fine for winter driving? Like Canada below 0C winters?

I just remember back when I had a Mazdaspeed 3 Cobb tuned I had a detuned winter map.

Thanks

nunex

Passed Driver's Ed
Quick one for the FAQ listing:

Can the car be driven in Map0 with OBD plug unplugged?

N.

Enviado do meu E5823 através do Tapatalk

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Yes, you can actually remove it in any map you in. Later firmware will default the JB4 to 0 boost add and earlier version will add 4psi.
Map 0 in all cases will be stock pass through.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
We have put up a new firmware version that you can get here: https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50428

The firmware will appear as 60/7//5

Changes are as follows:

1) Part throttle changes for smoother power delivery
2) Map 4 is now a valet map reducing boost by approximately 50% of stock
3) Map 0 is stock map with JB4 logging ability
4) Webasto and other auto warm systems triggering alarm whilst car is locked. This will also work for guys that have issues with dashcams left on over night that trigger the alarm.

With the valet working so well we working on boost per gear now to reduce the boost below stock or flash for guys that have stacked their units.

bigdave79

Ready to race!
We have put up a new firmware version that you can get here: https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50428

The firmware will appear as 60/7//5

Changes are as follows:

1) Part throttle changes for smoother power delivery
2) Map 4 is now a valet map reducing boost by approximately 50% of stock
3) Map 0 is stock map with JB4 logging ability
4) Webasto and other auto warm systems triggering alarm whilst car is locked. This will also work for guys that have issues with dashcams left on over night that trigger the alarm.

With the valet working so well we working on boost per gear now to reduce the boost below stock or flash for guys that have stacked their units.
Thanks George. Just to confirm this is the file that ends in 7_TEST4.hex correct?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

nunex

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, you can actually remove it in any map you in. Later firmware will default the JB4 to 0 boost add and earlier version will add 4psi.
Map 0 in all cases will be stock pass through.
Thanks George.

Being able to run stock (map 0) without removing anything but the obd plug is quite convenient, because one is able to use e.g. obd11, for real time monitoring.

N.

nunex

Passed Driver's Ed
"4) Webasto and other auto warm systems triggering alarm whilst car is locked."

Great! I have webasto and use auto warm systems a lot. Glad it is solved.

Are there any other known system interferences?

N.

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everybody, did the flash of the newest version go well? I had several failures when checking checksum. I started to panic because it said there is no firmware on it right now and it will cause several warning lights to go on. Then I went back to the previous version. And this also needed two trials.

Gesendet von meinem ZUK Z2121 mit Tapatalk

Crackness1

Ready to race!
Hi everybody, did the flash of the newest version go well? I had several failures when checking checksum. I started to panic because it said there is no firmware on it right now and it will cause several warning lights to go on. Then I went back to the previous version. And this also needed two trials.

I would say re download the file to make sure it wasn't a corrupted download, check your connection (if wired) or make sure there's no apps running that could be interfering with the process.

I didn't have any issues flashing the latest firmware.

bigdave79

Ready to race!
I had no issues. Car seems to be running a little better. Check the file and update using a cable. Make sure ignition is on but engine is not running. Make sure the phone doesn't go to sleep while updating. Good luck!

For reference, the MD5 checksum for the file I downloaded (and is working fine) is 6f78da386ad9798d999690a865963bc2.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie

If you using the app make sure you not connected to media at the same time. Also helps to stand with the hood open closer to the Bluetooth module to get faster data transfer.

GTI210

Ready to race!
Can I run the JB4 with another device connected to the CANbus?

No, any other device connected to the OBD port creates latency on the CANbus. The CANbus was designed to allow one device at a time and further data being pulled may create safety issues on the network as well as bad signal to the JB4

I need to use my OBDeleven to adjust my adaptive front-headlight system (AFS) after lowering. I'm assuming the FAQ I quoted above only refers to when the car is actually running. Do I need to do anything special if the car is going to be stationary while I adjust the headlights?