GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Crackness1

Ready to race!
I need to use my OBDeleven to adjust my adaptive front-headlight system (AFS) after lowering. I'm assuming the FAQ I quoted above only refers to when the car is actually running. Do I need to do anything special if the car is going to be stationary while I adjust the headlights?

That quote refers to someone trying to use a splitter cable on their OBDII port and having both the JB4 and something else connected to the OBDII port at the same time.

Unplugging your JB4 to do obdeleven stuffs is just fine.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I need to use my OBDeleven to adjust my adaptive front-headlight system (AFS) after lowering. I'm assuming the FAQ I quoted above only refers to when the car is actually running. Do I need to do anything special if the car is going to be stationary while I adjust the headlights?

No special precautions needed. You can idle the car without the OBD if need be.

For guys that are wondering if the OBD is removed whilst you driving nothing tragic happens. Relative to what firmware is on the unit the JB4 will add 4psi on earlier firmware versions and nothing on the newer.

YoYoCome

Passed Driver's Ed
We have put up a new firmware version that you can get here: https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50428

The firmware will appear as 60/7//5

Changes are as follows:

1) Part throttle changes for smoother power delivery
2) Map 4 is now a valet map reducing boost by approximately 50% of stock
3) Map 0 is stock map with JB4 logging ability
4) Webasto and other auto warm systems triggering alarm whilst car is locked. This will also work for guys that have issues with dashcams left on over night that trigger the alarm.

With the valet working so well we working on boost per gear now to reduce the boost below stock or flash for guys that have stacked their units.

Updated the firmware on my JB4 running Map 6 and I do feel power delivery is smoother. Thanks George!

frankiedubbz

Passed Driver's Ed
No special precautions needed. You can idle the car without the OBD if need be.

For guys that are wondering if the OBD is removed whilst you driving nothing tragic happens. Relative to what firmware is on the unit the JB4 will add 4psi on earlier firmware versions and nothing on the newer.
I don't disconnect the JB4 OBD at idle anymore because last time I did that, the rpms started fluctuating like crazy between 0-1k rpms and then stalled out on me. I went to go start the car on and stalled on me 5 times in a row. Had to reflash the firmware again and haven't attempted to unplug the OBD at idle since.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I don't disconnect the JB4 OBD at idle anymore because last time I did that, the rpms started fluctuating like crazy between 0-1k rpms and then stalled out on me. I went to go start the car on and stalled on me 5 times in a row. Had to reflash the firmware again and haven't attempted to unplug the OBD at idle since.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Try with latest version. We have a boost trigger now where at only 1psi the JB4 is looking for OBD signal. What must have happened before is the JB4 rebooted once it lost and gained the signal.

x2001pmq

Hey experts, I’m really new to the jb4 been running the suggested default map 6 for sometime and love the response. But I’m curious if it could be better. I’m in Canada Alberta and using consistently 94 octane from petrocanada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Hey experts, I’m really new to the jb4 been running the suggested default map 6 for sometime and love the response. But I’m curious if it could be better. I’m in Canada Alberta and using consistently 94 octane from petrocanada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Map 2 is stronger than default map 6 try it and post a log.

Make sure all fuel bias is set at 100 and fuel open loop at 50.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Pedal tuners now in stock. You can select the VW model from the link below.
http://www.burgertuning.com/BMS_PEDAL_TUNER[/URL]

Watch this video in order to know how to do the calibration.
https://youtu.be/2bdfTiX6ctI

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
I would like to commend BMS on their excellent customer service.. I just got a used jb4 with Bluetooth installed today and couldn't connect it.. Sent an email to their customer service and within 2 hours I had the old user unmarried and connected to my vehicle..

Now if I just knew what I was doing as far as maps and tweaks or anything I'd be in business.. Right now based on my research I'm running map 2 because I run 93 octane fuel exclusively.. Took car out and felt slightly stronger.. Not sure if I can tell a big difference yet though? Drove it about 5 miles to have car adjust.. Will see on my 70 mile round trip commute tomorrow if I notice big change.. Any tips or suggestions I would appreciate it.. I'm new to the mk7.. Bought the car in July and been doing a few things here and there..

mk7mp91

Hey Guys, Quick question.
Just installed JB4 within the last two weeks and I could not be happier with results.
Been running Map 1. Car is totally stock with Dogbone insert. Running 93 only.

However, when i Switched to Map 2 When on low throttle, my car was bucking/lurching a lot, no matter what gear I was.

Has anyone experienced this? Should I not be running Map 2 on stock?
Any potential solution?

Last edited:

Martin398

Ready to race!
Hey Guys, Quick question.
Just installed JB4 within the last two weeks and I could not be happier with results.
Been running Map 1. Car is totally stock with Dogbone insert. Running 93 only.

However, when i Switched to Map 2 When on low throttle, my car was bucking/lurching a lot, no matter what gear I was.

Has anyone experienced this? Should I not be running Map 2 on stock?
Any potential solution?

map 2 running 93 is perfectly fine.
how many miles on your car?

Scuba_mk7.5

Sorry if this is formatted incorrectly. I am new to the forum and am using my phone. I have a 2018 gti s - 6mt with an injen sp intake (I know ��) and CTS catless DP. I am considering JB4 and running map 2. Does anyone know what power levels I will be looking at? We have 92 octane up here in the pnw. I am already very impressed with the stock ecu/tune’s ability to make power with a few bolt ons. I have pulled on a blob eye sti and my buddy’s k04 1.8t gti. I plan on eventually going FBO/stacked JB4+tune/meth in the future. Cheers

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Sorry if this is formatted incorrectly. I am new to the forum and am using my phone. I have a 2018 gti s - 6mt with an injen sp intake (I know ) and CTS catless DP. I am considering JB4 and running map 2. Does anyone know what power levels I will be looking at? We have 92 octane up here in the pnw. I am already very impressed with the stock ecu/tune’s ability to make power with a few bolt ons. I have pulled on a blob eye sti and my buddy’s k04 1.8t gti. I plan on eventually going FBO/stacked JB4+tune/meth in the future. Cheers

I live in tacoma and mine will be coming off in two weeks when I go big turbo - pm if interested