GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Hi all. Been looking for a JB4 and it looks like no one will ship it to California. Is there a vendor that ships these to CA?

Looking to get my new GTI that last week in December to try to get a good deal.
(Have to get away from this money-pit Mini)
Bought mine from Black Forest Industries (BFI) back when it was nearly impossible to snag a used one.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
Quick question, yesterday I set Future Use D to 90 on my JB4 to autoclear CEL due to downpipe (P0420) however on my commute this morning the code and CEL came back. Does the code have to register multiple times for JB4 to autoclear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Bought mine from Black Forest Industries (BFI) back when it was nearly impossible to snag a used one.

Buy used from the forums. People sell them after going to flash tunes almost regularly

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Buy used from the forums. People sell them after going to flash tunes almost regularly

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yes, now used JB4s are available. Not the case back then.

Regardless, BFI is a vendor that sells new ones to CA if that's what that buyer wants.

Pingers

Ready to race!
Quick question, yesterday I set Future Use D to 90 on my JB4 to autoclear CEL due to downpipe (P0420) however on my commute this morning the code and CEL came back. Does the code have to register multiple times for JB4 to autoclear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will continue to come back. And then auto-clear. Sometimes it auto-clears right away and other times it may take 4-5 minutes or an engine cycle. It clears automatically, but that doesn’t mean the code never comes back like on an actual Stage 2 ECU tune.

Scuba_mk7.5

Just installed my jb4 today. Intake, downpipe, map 2. Feels awesome, I’m really impressed. Now I just need a clutch and intercooler so I can get a mean map 6 dialed in. Thanks to all you guys who regularly contribute to this thread. Make the decision to go JB4 easy

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
I currently have the JB4 Mobil App on my tablet. Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer the app from that tablet to a new tablet that I just purchased or do I have to re-purchase the app for the new tablet?

Thanks

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I currently have the JB4 Mobil App on my tablet. Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer the app from that tablet to a new tablet that I just purchased or do I have to re-purchase the app for the new tablet?

Thanks
On Android, as long as you're logged into the Play Store with the same google account, you can find the JB4 app in My Apps > Library. Shouldn't need to purchase it again.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Yep, just make sure both devices have the google account you paid for the app with. You can have multiple playstore accounts on any one device. I have the JB4 app on my primary phone and an backup phone with no service.

Thanks

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Got my data cable in. Am i a stupid idiot and ordered the wrong cable?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Loll no you are not.

I think that newer data cables come without the plastic casing because newer jb4 are using a different enclosing.

Ok good. I was confused because the burger website sells 2 different cables. But this cable definitly seems to fit my JB1. Too make matters more confusing, USPs website where I ordered it labels this the Rev2 cable but has the picture of the Rev1

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Ok good. I was confused because the burger website sells 2 different cables. But this cable definitly seems to fit my JB1. Too make matters more confusing, USPs website where I ordered it labels this the Rev2 cable but has the picture of the Rev1

The cable will still work but its for the Rev2.

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
On Android, as long as you're logged into the Play Store with the same google account, you can find the JB4 app in My Apps > Library. Shouldn't need to purchase it again.

Yep, just make sure both devices have the google account you paid for the app with. You can have multiple playstore accounts on any one device. I have the JB4 app on my primary phone and an backup phone with no service.

That worked. I appreciate the help!