GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

FlipFlop2

Not likely on ACN91 in the summer. Stick with map1.

After all the reading I have done, I decided to stay on map 1 just to be safe, especially since California 91 octane is total garbage. Only reason I asked was because I read a post today about someone saying that they had funky AFR logs with JB1 map 1 and DP. Might have been an old post, thank you for the help.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Not likely on ACN91 in the summer. Stick with map1.
I ran map 2 fine on just a dp on 91. He can try it and get logs

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
JB4 is on my to-do list around end of year. Next question i have to ask is will port injection support come to mk7s like it did for n54 platform? Because it would be pretty spectacular to run ROW port injection setup controlled and supplemented by the jb4.

Thegoat

Passed Driver's Ed
Any one else notice that their JB4 iat dont go below 32 degrees F even when its 5 degrees F outside?

SharkB8

I'm having a weird issue. Regular 91 CA crap gas, running Map 6 (clutch saver). Car "hiccups" while idling frequently. Radomly (doesn't seem tied to gas fill ups, maintenance, cold weather, etc.) when starting the car it fires up then dies. Trying to restart 4-5 times does the same thing. I removed the AFR tap, fired right up. Any suggestions?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
JB4 is on my to-do list around end of year. Next question i have to ask is will port injection support come to mk7s like it did for n54 platform? Because it would be pretty spectacular to run ROW port injection setup controlled and supplemented by the jb4.

A company called Fuel It who is our fueling partners has commenced work on it. They releasing their ethanol kit next week and integration into the JB4 will follow with autotune map. They are then going to work on the rail and low pressure side and have a complete solution.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I'm having a weird issue. Regular 91 CA crap gas, running Map 6 (clutch saver). Car "hiccups" while idling frequently. Radomly (doesn't seem tied to gas fill ups, maintenance, cold weather, etc.) when starting the car it fires up then dies. Trying to restart 4-5 times does the same thing. I removed the AFR tap, fired right up. Any suggestions?

By turning the car off to remove the AFR tap might have reset what the issue was. If possible connect the AFR again and if it fails to start remove the OBD port and see if it starts.

SharkB8

By turning the car off to remove the AFR tap might have reset what the issue was. If possible connect the AFR again and if it fails to start remove the OBD port and see if it starts.

Thanks George! Initially, I removed the OBD port (while leaving the AFR in place) and the problem persisted. I'll reconnect the AFR and advise. It's weird though, it hadn't happened for a few weeks, then suddenly came back.

Last edited:

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
A company called Fuel It who is our fueling partners has commenced work on it. They releasing their ethanol kit next week and integration into the JB4 will follow with autotune map. They are then going to work on the rail and low pressure side and have a complete solution.

It's funny as i saw that post in the other started getting additional traction moments after i posted my previous statement. Consider me excited. Wasn't looking for big power gains, mostly just the MPI setup, but i won't complain either way.

Dave C

Hi Dave, did you check where the wires go to on the car harness? My car doesn't arrive for another 2 weeks yet to cant check myself.

Cheers.
Hi Muzza,

Not had the chance to check as the GTI has been back in to VW because it keeps breaking down. Keep loosing all electrics to the engine and engine shuts down when driving. Its been 3 weeks now and still don't have the car back! Will let you know if the blue wire connects to the red when I get it back!

Cheers,.

Dave

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thegoat

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes. That's 0c.

so jb4 doesnt read below 0c? im currently using C and thought it might since the gauge on the app goes to about -27c. or -17c i cant remember.

tcabrino

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 Rabbit
To use obdeleven, can I just disconnect the jb4 from the obd plug or should I also do something else? Just want to read codes as I didn't find what tge code 539E is.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
To use obdeleven, can I just disconnect the jb4 from the obd plug or should I also do something else? Just want to read codes as I didn't find what tge code 539E is.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yes, you just disconnect and do the read. Please post here what the fault is so I can add it to the translation list. Closest hit I get is its Evap system related.