GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Hi George,

Got the car back from VW and managed to have a look. The blue wire connects a white wire with a red line. I have taken some photos and attached them.

The plug and wire connect in the following order:

Black (6) - Yellow (6)
Blue (5) - White/Red (5)
Grey (4) - Red (4)
Dark Yellow (3) - Purple/Green (3)
White (2) - Grey (2)
White (2) - Grey/Black (1)

It would appear that there is a wiring plug attached to pin 1 & 2 which is a white wire then this connects to pins 1 & 2 on the connecting plug which are Grey and Grey/Black. You can see this in the photos.

Cheers,

David

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sorry I missed this. Hang ten before you connect. This looks the same as the Audi S4 we working on. Should have it figured soon.

Joel

Ready to race!
e
Instructions unclear, turned off ignition at 110mph and replying from hospital.
I was working with a broken keyboard, lol.
Trying not to input too many characters.
Spilled my drink on it the other night, finally got a new one in today...
It was pretty fun using the mouse with an on screen keyboard.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
That's dedication man, but they do make these things called smart phones.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Joel

Ready to race!
I prefer the laptop when I am home.
Plus it's a touch screen, so like the phone but bigger.
Have to work off the phone all day.

I did better with the intercooler install than the keyboard though, had 2 screws leftover after the keyboard install.

Last edited:

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
Hi new JB4 user here. I'll be honest, i've not read through the prior 2760 odd posts in this thread. My friend said do you want to try out / buy my JB4, and i said yep. So its in my 6MT 2017 PP Gti at the moment. Anyway, so excuse the novice questions. I purchased the JB4 connect app $27.99 one, which has successfully connected to the unit, however i had to use my friends u/n & p/w as it gave me the error about the kit not being owned. How do we disconnect this device from his account and make it mine so i can log in using my credentials ?

Also he was running a custom map 6 which was custom for his car.. I went straight in for Map2 (i'm running 93oct Always Costco Top Tier) anyway until i know what i'm doing and have read this thread entirely, with this JB4, is it safe to assume JB4 on a map2 is safe'ish? i appreciate the clutch is the weakest link..which i'm cool with for now TBH, i just like the power on tap when i need it.. I typically drive reasonably calm so may never need to replace the clutch. Anyway want to make sure i'm not going to be running rich or something.. There's a whole different bunch of maps, and i'm not exactly sure what each does. Perhaps its all in this thread, when i find the time to read it all. Also and this might be in my head.. It feels laggier than stock in the lower RPM's unless i put my foot down, which is clearly when i can tell its got extra power. Is that laggier feel something i can clean up with a custom map 6 tinker ? Thanks in advance for the noob questions.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hi new JB4 user here. I'll be honest, i've not read through the prior 2760 odd posts in this thread. My friend said do you want to try out / buy my JB4, and i said yep. So its in my 6MT 2017 PP Gti at the moment. Anyway, so excuse the novice questions. I purchased the JB4 connect app $27.99 one, which has successfully connected to the unit, however i had to use my friends u/n & p/w as it gave me the error about the kit not being owned. How do we disconnect this device from his account and make it mine so i can log in using my credentials ?

Also he was running a custom map 6 which was custom for his car.. I went straight in for Map2 (i'm running 93oct Always Costco Top Tier) anyway until i know what i'm doing and have read this thread entirely, with this JB4, is it safe to assume JB4 on a map2 is safe'ish? i appreciate the clutch is the weakest link..which i'm cool with for now TBH, i just like the power on tap when i need it.. I typically drive reasonably calm so may never need to replace the clutch. Anyway want to make sure i'm not going to be running rich or something.. There's a whole different bunch of maps, and i'm not exactly sure what each does. Perhaps its all in this thread, when i find the time to read it all. Also and this might be in my head.. It feels laggier than stock in the lower RPM's unless i put my foot down, which is clearly when i can tell its got extra power. Is that laggier feel something i can clean up with a custom map 6 tinker ? Thanks in advance for the noob questions.

Should be fine on map2 with 93 gas.
Not sure on the app thing.
Firmware might need updating to 5A_3 hexfile.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=568029&postcount=3

tknj99

Ready to race!
I'm running Map6 as shown below.. any idea if Map2 would feel more powerful? I assume it would be less clutch friendly.
1500 - 0
2000 - 2
2500 - 3
3000 - 4
3500 - 4.5
4000 - 5.5
4500 - 6.0
5000 - 6.0
5500 - 6.0
6000 - 5.5
6500 - 5.0
7000 - 4.5

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I'm running Map6 as shown below.. any idea if Map2 would feel more powerful? I assume it would be less clutch friendly.
1500 - 0
2000 - 2
2500 - 3
3000 - 4
3500 - 4.5
4000 - 5.5
4500 - 6.0
5000 - 6.0
5500 - 6.0
6000 - 5.5
6500 - 5.0
7000 - 4.5

Yes it would be less clutch friendly. Your map isn't exactly clutch friendly either.

Map2:
1500 ?<--- not sure, but 2 is fine.
2000 4
2500 4
3000 4
3500 4
4000 4
4500 4.5
5000 4.8
5500 5.1
6000 5.4
6500 5.4
7000 5.4

tknj99

Ready to race!
Yes it would be less clutch friendly. Your map isn't exactly clutch friendly either.

Map2:
1500 ?<--- not sure, but 2 is fine.
2000 4
2500 4
3000 4
3500 4
4000 4
4500 4.5
5000 4.8
5500 5.1
6000 5.4
6500 5.4
7000 5.4

Thanks.. it seems like for me Map 2 is less aggressive above 3k and would only be noticeable under 3k perhaps..

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
Should be fine on map2 with 93 gas.
Not sure on the app thing.
Firmware might need updating to 5A_3 hexfile.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=568029&postcount=3

Thanks, i'll update the firmware and give it a try.. Which map takes it back to 100% stock ? That way i can compare and see if the the laggier lower RPM still exists over stock, without having to pull everything out. I have the option from the map selection in the app to choose from zero all the way to 8.. No idea what each does, and don't want to go messing around until i get a good handle of what's going on.

tknj99

Ready to race!
Thanks, i'll update the firmware and give it a try.. Which map takes it back to 100% stock ? That way i can compare and see if the the laggier lower RPM still exists over stock, without having to pull everything out. I have the option from the map selection in the app to choose from zero all the way to 8.. No idea what each does, and don't want to go messing around until i get a good handle of what's going on.

Map 0 is stock map