GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

tcabrino

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 Rabbit
Seems to be the evap code. What this means? No clue...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Dave C

Hi David,

It looks like it is the blue wire. I am not 100% sure as the wiring diagram is not up on the VW main frame yet. Can you confirm if it join the red on the other side?
Hi George,

Got the car back from VW and managed to have a look. The blue wire connects a white wire with a red line. I have taken some photos and attached them.

The plug and wire connect in the following order:

Black (6) - Yellow (6)
Blue (5) - White/Red (5)
Grey (4) - Red (4)
Dark Yellow (3) - Purple/Green (3)
White (2) - Grey (2)
White (2) - Grey/Black (1)

It would appear that there is a wiring plug attached to pin 1 & 2 which is a white wire then this connects to pins 1 & 2 on the connecting plug which are Grey and Grey/Black. You can see this in the photos.

Cheers,

David

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

bimurtud

Map2:
1500 ?<--- not sure, but 2 is fine.
2000 4
2500 4
3000 4
3500 4
4000 4
4500 4.5
5000 4.8
5500 5.1
6000 5.4
6500 5.4
7000 5.4
I wonder how close a jb1 can come to the map 2 settings. I have a jb1 on my golf and I love it and I'm running up to 5.2 from I think four to six thousand but then I have it tapering off. Why does this map to not taper off but keep adding at the very top end. I'm thinking of adding a little down low like map 2 but I don't want to kill my clutch even though the golf's seem pretty tough and they didn't have as much torque as the manuals for a reason stock and I also like the nice linear normally aspirated build up of horsepower with RPM.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I wonder how close a jb1 can come to the map 2 settings. I have a jb1 on my golf and I love it and I'm running up to 5.2 from I think four to six thousand but then I have it tapering off. Why does this map to not taper off but keep adding at the very top end. I'm thinking of adding a little down low like map 2 but I don't want to kill my clutch even though the golf's seem pretty tough and they didn't have as much torque as the manuals for a reason stock and I also like the nice linear normally aspirated build up of horsepower with RPM.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It doesn't taper because the JB4 has better control over fueling and can maintain the boost request at higher rpms.

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
Map2:
1500 ?<--- not sure, but 2 is fine.
2000 4
2500 4
3000 4
3500 4
4000 4
4500 4.5
5000 4.8
5500 5.1
6000 5.4
6500 5.4
7000 5.4

Diggs, do you have the map 1 initial values?

Muzza80

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi George,

Got the car back from VW and managed to have a look. The blue wire connects a white wire with a red line. I have taken some photos and attached them.

The plug and wire connect in the following order:

Black (6) - Yellow (6)
Blue (5) - White/Red (5)
Grey (4) - Red (4)
Dark Yellow (3) - Purple/Green (3)
White (2) - Grey (2)
White (2) - Grey/Black (1)

It would appear that there is a wiring plug attached to pin 1 & 2 which is a white wire then this connects to pins 1 & 2 on the connecting plug which are Grey and Grey/Black. You can see this in the photos.

Cheers,

David

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Any ideas George? Mine's the same.

Cheers!

dunktap

Can someone point me in the right direction for how to go about posting logs for a map6 recommendation? Have been running map2 for 2 weeks and I think I’m ready to dial this sucker in. Not sure what type of driving to do when recording the data. Sorry for the noobish question.

Joel

Ready to race!
Can someone point me in the right direction for how to go about posting logs for a map6 recommendation? Have been running map2 for 2 weeks and I think I’m ready to dial this sucker in. Not sure what type of driving to do when recording the data. Sorry for the noobish question.

Log 3rd gear, full throttle from 3000 up, hit a bit of 4th before shutting her down.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Log 3rd gear, full throttle from 3000 up, hit a bit of 4th before shutting her down.

Instructions unclear, turned off ignition at 110mph and replying from hospital.

timsvr

Passed Driver's Ed
Jerky throttle at low rpm. Jumpy idle stalling. Cold start and when I restart the car after a long ride. Map 1 jb4. Stock car just a drop in filter. What could this be?

2017 manual PP