BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
on which map you did 289whp?

SoSteezy

Passed Driver's Ed
My JB4 arrived also with 60/3//5. I updated it yesterday to the latest firmware which should read 60/5//5 when completed. Load the "VW_JB4_OBDII_5A_3.hex" file to get you to the latest revision.
Go here for the file: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50428
Post #3

Thanks man! sounds good. It already feels pretty smooth, so I'm stoked to see what the new revision has in store.

edit:

Also, will changing the boost by gear settings apply to all maps, or will it only affect map 6?

Last edited:

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Hi,

I'm trying to fit the JB4 to my facelift GTI PP. Got an issue with locating the red AFR wire. Following the wires going from the top of the turbo to the connection, there doesnt seem to be a red wire. There's 5 wires - black, white, grey, yellow amd blue See attached photo. Any ideas guys?

I've also attached a photo of the plug above it just incase (second photo). There's only 4 wires going to this one - white, white, grey, black

Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks,

David

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I got into contact with some of our dealers as well as customers with 7.5's. From what I have seen now they all have the normal plug as found in the pre facelift GTI with the same wiring.
I reckon the variance we are seeing is only for the 245hp performance pack. I am convinced the blue wire is the correct one especially if it goes to the red on the other side. I should have the diagram in the next few days though for the specific model and will advise accordingly.

Dave C

I got into contact with some of our dealers as well as customers with 7.5's. From what I have seen now they all have the normal plug as found in the pre facelift GTI with the same wiring.
I reckon the variance we are seeing is only for the 245hp performance pack. I am convinced the blue wire is the correct one especially if it goes to the red on the other side. I should have the diagram in the next few days though for the specific model and will advise accordingly.
Thanks George. Im running it on map 1 just now without the AFR wire connected.

I purchased the jb4 with the Bluetooth module which arrived pre fitted. I'm struggling to connect my phone to the JB4. What's the passkey for the Bluetooth? I've tried 1234 and 0000 and other combinations with no success.

Cheers David

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Thanks George. Im running it on map 1 just now without the AFR wire connected.

I purchased the jb4 with the Bluetooth module which arrived pre fitted. I'm struggling to connect my phone to the JB4. What's the passkey for the Bluetooth? I've tried 1234 and 0000 and other combinations with no success.

Cheers David

There is no passkey just connect with the app

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mattd502

Ready to race!
Got some nice weather in buffalo today, good enough to enjoy map 1 on a little drive and I️ decided to finally update. The firmware update is phenomenal the car actually feels stock now while cruising, especially while casually accelerating in 2nd gear and still hauls ass like I️ remember when I️ put my foot down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shamibal

Passed Driver's Ed
Since the JB4 causes the car run rich, will it cause excessive carbon buildup. I know on the mk6 gti/golf r they had problem of carbon buildup. What problems will occur in long run when this occurs.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Since the JB4 causes the car run rich, will it cause excessive carbon buildup. I know on the mk6 gti/golf r they had problem of carbon buildup. What problems will occur in long run when this occurs.

The JB4 doesn't cause the car to run any richer than a flash tune...

Excessive build up can cause misfires and a drop in power. You'll feel it before it is a problem. My stock Mk6 was affected around 55k mi, and was just fine after the cleaning.

Pingers

Ready to race!
Got some nice weather in buffalo today, good enough to enjoy map 1 on a little drive and I️ decided to finally update. The firmware update is phenomenal the car actually feels stock now while cruising, especially while casually accelerating in 2nd gear and still hauls ass like I️ remember when I️ put my foot down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same - car feels totally stock until I stick my foot in it. Then I remember I have JB4 :D

Muzza80

Passed Driver's Ed

I'll be fitting my JB4 to my new Octavia RS245 when it comes in the next week or two so keen to know when you've had a chance to confirm the updated wiring on this engine.

Thanks!