GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB Stage 1 Released

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
If you don't want to change things, sure. I would get the datacable though as I'm sure it's less expensive to ship it with the JB4 than by itself.

Ya I was diving into more of the pages on the thread and realized that.

I have a 6MT GTI Sport which has the 220HP and always put 93 octane, thats all that around me ever, so I would prob need to run MAP 6.

So I would need to purchase a JB4 and data cable? or the JB1 and data cable?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Ya I was diving into more of the pages on the thread and realized that.

I have a 6MT GTI Sport which has the 220HP and always put 93 octane, thats all that around me ever, so I would prob need to run MAP 6.

So I would need to purchase a JB4 and data cable? or the JB1 and data cable?

The JB4 is better, but you have to tap the AFR wire to get the most out of it. Some people don't like that as a super sleuth dealer could see it. JB1 doesn't. Some guy was making new JB4 harnesses that could be used in place of the AFR tap but that's just more money to spend.

Your choice on JB1/4, but get the datacable so you can turn down the boost and preserve your clutch.

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
The JB4 is better, but you have to tap the AFR wire to get the most out of it. Some people don't like that as a super sleuth dealer could see it. JB1 doesn't. Some guy was making new JB4 harnesses that could be used in place of the AFR tap but that's just more money to spend.

Your choice on JB1/4, but get the datacable so you can turn down the boost and preserve your clutch.

Okay thanks man, based on reading about heat and how it effects it. Do you recommend using map 6 with 4.8 boost and change the 4000rpm to 4.5 like previous posts state? I live in South Florida and its always 90+ degrees outside! :eek:

Pingers

Ready to race!
Okay thanks man, based on reading about heat and how it effects it. Do you recommend using map 6 with 4.8 boost and change the 4000rpm to 4.5 like previous posts state? I live in South Florida and its always 90+ degrees outside! :eek:

Summers are hot as sweaty balls down here. If I was driving mid-day I would avoid hammering on it all together. Save that for Summer nights when the temp falls right after the afternoon rain storms :D

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Any tried and true testimonials for open intakes that pair up well with the JB1? I'm seeing a few complaints out there.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I'm wondering if drilling the front grille out has any effect. I've noticed some weird response with mine paired with my Neuspeed intake with warm temps. I haven't drilled out the grille because I live in Ohio where the weather is made up and seasons don't matter, and it is my daily driver. I'm still too scared that I'm going to get stuck in a rain storm and rain would go directly into the open intake area if the front was drilled out.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I'm wondering if drilling the front grille out has any effect. I've noticed some weird response with mine paired with my Neuspeed intake with warm temps. I haven't drilled out the grille because I live in Ohio where the weather is made up and seasons don't matter, and it is my daily driver. I'm still too scared that I'm going to get stuck in a rain storm and rain would go directly into the open intake area if the front was drilled out.

Weird response?