GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB Stage 1 Released

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
I have a stock facelift GTI and looking to buy either JB1 or JB4. I am not planing to add anything more then the tuner as it's a leased car.

Which one should I get? Is there a retailer in Canada to avoid shipping cost?

How much hp/torque can I realistically gain from a JB1/JB4?

This 300+ pages thread is quite intimidating lol

+60hp/tq is probably the absolute best you'll see without any additional mods. I would expect more like +45hp +50tq.

Pingers

Ready to race!
JB4 all the way. The install is cake, and you can move it to your next GTI :D

alynch30

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking to buy a used JB1 for my facelift GTI.

Someone told me that JB1 Group 1 for R,S3 could still fit on a GTI? Is that true?

If I look at BMS website it seems that I would need a JB1 group 2

alynch30

Passed Driver's Ed
That's just for BMS for tracking purposes.

They are configured the same. You can make the same changes to group1 as you would group2.

Feel free to contact George to confirm if you are unsure.

All right so even if it's coming for an Audi S3 I should be able to install in my GTI.
George can you confirm?

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
All right so even if it's coming for an Audi S3 I should be able to install in my GTI.
George can you confirm?

S3 and R are both under Group 1, but as mentioned, Group 1 and Group 2 (GTI) are the same.

Besides, iirc, the S3 and R are the same car.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Angel Mafia

Passed Driver's Ed
Looked through this thread, so many pages! I can't find a specific fix for this one...
I drive a 2015 GTI SE 4 door
Got a used rev1 JB1 from a forum member, if it makes a difference. I installed the unit and it works! Slight issue. After about a quarter to half mile of driving the EPC light comes on, on my dashboard screen it says "Max engine speed" and starts counting down from about 6500 RPM even though I am sitting at like 2300. When this happens I lose just about all power in the car it is even tough for me to make it up hills. I also cannot use my cruise. I use my OBD to scan and it tells me it is "oil pressure switch 3" the fault code is P168D00 which I cannot find any information online about. I took the unit out and my car drives just fine. Put it back in, same exact thing happens. Do I have a faulty unit? Or am I just missing something? I feel like I was very observant while installing the unit especially the second time. I hope there is a fix for this because the car is so so fun to drive... while I am able to enjoy it.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Looked through this thread, so many pages! I can't find a specific fix for this one...
I drive a 2015 GTI SE 4 door
Got a used rev1 JB1 from a forum member, if it makes a difference. I installed the unit and it works! Slight issue. After about a quarter to half mile of driving the EPC light comes on, on my dashboard screen it says "Max engine speed" and starts counting down from about 6500 RPM even though I am sitting at like 2300. When this happens I lose just about all power in the car it is even tough for me to make it up hills. I also cannot use my cruise. I use my OBD to scan and it tells me it is "oil pressure switch 3" the fault code is P168D00 which I cannot find any information online about. I took the unit out and my car drives just fine. Put it back in, same exact thing happens. Do I have a faulty unit? Or am I just missing something? I feel like I was very observant while installing the unit especially the second time. I hope there is a fix for this because the car is so so fun to drive... while I am able to enjoy it.

Email George.

george@burgertuning.com