GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB Stage 1 Released

huh0kay

Passed Driver's Ed
For anyone having issues on a Macbook running bootcamp, you can use these instructions to display the Ports (COM & LPT) in Device Manager if it's missing:

open device manager
click on action
add legacy hardware
click on next
search for and install the hardware automatically(Recommended)
next
it will detect that com port and next
double click com port
next
next and finish
now you will be able to see that com port

elamothe15

Ready to race!
Ok helpppppp....

I went to go turn my JB1 back on tonight. I was on stock map 0 while I was breaking in the new clutch. Anyways I went to change to map 1 and the JB1 / Software freaked out on me. The map would not go to 0, 1, or 6 and went to crazy numbers like 155, etc. Also all of the settings in the window (map 6 boost settings, meth settings, and everything) all updated randomly.

Since the map 6 updated randomly out of a range of 25 it doesn’t seem like the map changed from 0 but all of the other settings are all still messed up. My only sigh of relief is that when I quit the JB4 app and reload and connect it says map 0 still.

Does anyone have an image of all of the stock settings? Any ideas on what happened?

JeffGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys,

Think I know the answer but just want to confirm.

I just bought a used JB4 from a guy that had it in his Mk 7 and we put it in my Mk7.5.
I got a deal on it with the bluetooth so I'm pretty happy.

So for my understanding are there only really 3 different settings? Map1 for 91, Map 2 for 93 and Map 6 which is custom?

3,4,5 don't do anything? Just want to make sure . Thanks, car is a little more fun to drive now.

Thanks

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Hi guys,

I just bought a used JB4 from a guy that had it in his Mk 7 and we put it in my Mk7.5.

So for my understanding are there only really 3 different settings? Map1 for 91, Map 2 for 93 and Map 6 which is custom?

3,4,5 don't do anything? Just want to make sure . Thanks, car is a little more fun to drive now.

Thanks

For your purposes, yes.

But Map 3 is the meth controller map. For people running water/meth injection (BMS offers a solution to pair with the JB4).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Hi guys,

Thanks

You have posted in the JB1 thread so you might get conflicting information here. Head over to the JB4 thread here and the maps are covered in post 1. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26382

The forum has some issues with editing large posts so we battle to keep that up to date so you can view information here too: https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50428

zslaby1010

Passed Driver's Ed
Can I get a estimate/recommendation for map 6?
I use 93 octane however I want to keep it modest to preserve my clutch.

Something like this?

1500 0
2000 1
2500 2
3000 3
3500 3.5
4000 4.5
4500 4.8
5000 5
5500 5
6000 5
6500 4.5
7000 3

Fuel loop: ??

Last edited:

nsimpson

Is there anyone that knows what the OEM plug part number is for plug D? I somehow managed to snap mine and I'd like to order a new one. Thanks.

Pinche.adam

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry in advance for the long post

Need some insight please. Been running jb1 map 6 4.8psi max on 91 oct for about 10,000 miles with cts catted downpipe. I wont lie, I ran the car probably too hard a few too many times, so I could pull away on some mustangs imprezas, challengers, whatever. Clutch started slipping abiut a month ago, but only if I'm going slow in 5th or 6th gears and just step on the pedal. 2 months ago emergency came up, and I wasnt even thinking but I cruised all the way to pheonix without changing maps. Granted it was late at night going and coming back and I didn't push it too hard, but it was 100 degrees give or take a few. Ever since then when I accelerate theres kind of a weird humming noise and as of a week ago, sometimes if I try to accelerate semi hard but not even wot 2nd and 3rd gear the stability car suspension dash light with come on cutting the power til I let off. I've also noticed my clutch is getting a bit worse in those upper gears for sure but maybe clutch is reason for this issue also. Also, ever since the Arizona trip, the car is still making about 20psi at wot but definitely isn't as quick getting there as it used to be. Just recently I plugged in my Amazon diagnostics reader, and noticed, even at idle with no accessories car is reading at most only 11in/hg? Could low vacuum be the issue to the power loss and why intermittently I can't accelerate that hard in lower gears? Or is that all clutch related and vacuum/ loss of power related to a leak or a big issue like skipped timing? My car is cpo, but would rather see if this could be something easy like a broken hose, or change spark plugs so I can avoid switching downpipes and having to take car to dealership.

Josh8oh1

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Just installed my jb1 on my ‘17 GTI last night. Took about 4 WOT runs to calibrate but definitely worth it! Drove it again this morning, I do feel like it’s still adjusting because it felt even better.
Plug D was a b*tch like most people have said. Gonna pick up some Velcro or something to attach the box more securely as it doesn’t fit in my battery cover or between the battery and ecu, but overall I’m very satisfied. Now that I’ve installed it I think removal and reinstall will be a piece of cake.👍