GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Is APR developing flex fuel options at all, specifically for the DTR6054? I'm having my HPFP/LPFP DTR re-tune on 93 octane done this coming Tuesday and my curiosity about E85 reached its peak. I watched a ShopDAP video about what flex fuel tuning is - always heard the term "flex fuel" thrown around but never knew what/how it actually works - and I'm beginning to get intrigued. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand, I can use 93 octane like I normally do, then maybe blip a gallon or two of E85 (I managed to find two gas stations within about 20 or more minutes away) and the tune will readjust for the ethanol content?
You will need MPI to run E85 / flex fuel with the DTR. My understanding is that HPFP can handle E85 on up to an IS38, but not anything larger.

Check out Stratified’s latest video on Cobb’s new MQB flex fuel kit, that’s the route I’m planning on going. Unfortunately, there don’t seem to be a ton of flex tunes for MQB’s besides IE and Stratified. EQT is still working on theirs, and I seriously doubt APR even has anything in the works.

Thread 'COBB Flex Fuel In Depth'
https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/cobb-flex-fuel-in-depth.442545/

scrllock

Autocross Champion
You will need MPI to run E85 / flex fuel with the DTR. My understanding is that HPFP can handle E85 on up to an IS38, but not anything larger.

Check out Stratified’s latest video on Cobb’s new MQB flex fuel kit, that’s the route I’m planning on going. Unfortunately, there don’t seem to be a ton of flex tunes for MQB’s besides IE and Stratified. EQT is still working on theirs, and I seriously doubt APR even has anything in the works.

Thread 'COBB Flex Fuel In Depth'
https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/cobb-flex-fuel-in-depth.442545/
Besides all of the people using switch patch, UM, Galano, littco, other euro tuners..
You can run flex fuel on a DTR it's just silly.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Besides all of the people using switch patch, UM, Galano, littco, other euro tuners..
You can run flex fuel on a DTR it's just silly.
Call me silly then… DTR should be on a flex fuel tune in a few weeks (base map at least). MPI/LPFP though, not HPFP.

Interesting, I didnt’t know there was a wide range of flex tunes offerings out there given how much a stir the new Cobb flex fuel kit is making, and that they claim to be “the ONLY emissions compliant, turn key, true Flex Fuel tuning solution for Volkswagen vehicles”… learned something new I guess?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Call me silly then… DTR should be on a flex fuel tune in a few weeks (base map at least). MPI/LPFP though, not HPFP.

Interesting, I didnt’t know there was a wide range of flex tunes offerings out there given how much a stir the new Cobb flex fuel kit is making, and that they claim to be “the ONLY emissions compliant, turn key, true Flex Fuel tuning solution for Volkswagen vehicles”… learned something new I guess?
they have CARB approval on their ots stage 1 tune. presumably that's why they took so long to release it, though it seems like they forgot some key features like changing the MPI split with eth%. it looks like where the OS tuning community was a couple years ago.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
they have CARB approval on their ots stage 1 tune. presumably that's why they took so long to release it, though it seems like they forgot some key features like changing the MPI split with eth%. it looks like where the OS tuning community was a couple years ago.
That makes sense, I guess - they are making a big deal about the lengthy emissions approvals over any new protune capabilities. Still, I didn’t think it was lacking in protune features looking at their long list of tables/monitors and the reviews, but I’m definitely no tuner. Still very excited to give it a try🤞

Kart17

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Saw the MK8R Pmax post wonder if APR will provide that option for us..

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
I highly doubt it since we have this kit. Interesting that they're not calling it a DTR though. Wonder what happened.

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Interesting that they're not calling it a DTR though. Wonder what happened.
Garrett calls it a PowerMax turbo, so we called it a PowerMax Turbo. It's their unit. Not ours.

Kart17

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Garrett calls it a PowerMax turbo, so we called it a PowerMax Turbo. It's their unit. Not ours.
Any chance it’s an option for the Mk7 crowd similar to the other tuners offering it?