GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
2016 S3. APR DTR first street hit after last revision by Matt at EQT. I’m true e85 and the issues I was having is the APR 305 pump that they sell is trash and can’t even keep up with their MPI. Here is the aftermath of a EQT brushless swap and a fresh EQT tune. I should be able to get a 10.7-10.8. Once it gets colder here in Florida and the DA drops.
What RPM do you hit full boost now that the DTR isn't being strangled by APRs tune?

MQBGOD

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Audi S3,
What RPM do you hit full boost now that the DTR isn't being strangled by APRs tune?
Looking back at my log, the DTR is limited to about 31PSI. I’m at 28psi at about 3900-4k rpm climbing to 31psi all the way through 4800-7300rpm. The DTR definitely filled and exceeded my expectations on what it was going to do and I’ve put probably 2k miles on the car since my 10 second pass and have beat the shit out of the car since day one of putting the DTR on 20k miles ago. Times will be coming to an end. Next setup I’m changing up is a Stainless housing and Garett bearing assembly TPC770. Will try to crack very low 10’s stock block. If anyone needs any help or input on the DTR don’t be afraid to reach out to me. I’m an Audi tech / APR dealer. Facebook is Joey Rotering.

Last edited:

MQBGOD

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Audi S3,
Update: EQT MPI, EQT LPFP, EQT 5-bar sensors, EQT 93/E85 tunes incoming… 😬
Yeah it’s the only way to make those turbo even move is to ditch the APR tune. I’ve ran so many tests and logs on the 305 intank pump and it can’t handle true E85. I was in contact with APR and said the pump is able to do it. I even contacted walbro and they said there is no way in hell I can do 500 wheel on E that pump.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Yeah it’s the only way to make those turbo even move is to ditch the APR tune. I’ve ran so many tests and logs on the 305 intank pump and it can’t handle true E85. I was in contact with APR and said the pump is able to do it. I even contacted walbro and they said there is no way in hell I can do 500 wheel on E that pump.
Yeah I when I started researching fueling options I looked at APR first but was super skeptical of their wimpy LPFP option. And then I saw several posts confirming it was a bottleneck on E85. APR tune is fine for just the base kit on pump, but anything more, and custom is definitely the way to go.

For me, the video from Stratfied maxing out the DTR on E really sold me. All parts are ordered and on the way, just waiting for shop time, hopefully in the next few weeks. The two changes I’m making are adding a Cobb MQB flex fuel kit and flex tune from Stratified… Wish me luck 🫡

I’ll be honest though, I have zero experience with Stratified, so I’m a bit nervous running a newly released flex fuel kit with a tuner I’m not familiar with. For example, in their DTR and flex fuel videos they seem to let the torque go wild (+450wtq on a Mustang dyno), which doesn’t seem like they are tuning for longevity. Anyone here have recent experience Stratified tunes?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yeah I when I started researching fueling options I looked at APR first but was super skeptical of their wimpy LPFP option. And then I saw several posts confirming it was a bottleneck on E85. APR tune is fine for just the base kit on pump, but anything more, and custom is definitely the way to go.

For me, the video from Stratfied maxing out the DTR on E really sold me. All parts are ordered and on the way, just waiting for shop time, hopefully in the next few weeks. The two changes I’m making are adding a Cobb MQB flex fuel kit and flex tune from Stratified… Wish me luck 🫡

I’ll be honest though, I have zero experience with Stratified, so I’m a bit nervous running a newly released flex fuel kit with a tuner I’m not familiar with. For example, in their DTR and flex fuel videos they seem to let the torque go wild (+450wtq on a Mustang dyno), which doesn’t seem like they are tuning for longevity. Anyone here have recent experience Stratified tunes?
You’ll like them…I’m tuning with them right now

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
If you don't want a lot of low end TQ then asked them not to???
Low-end torque? This is a DTR thread sir…

Jk, I just put in for the tune so I haven’t had a chance to talk to them yet, but my hope is certainly that they can limit torque to 420ish wtq. I just don’t hear their name tossed around much when it comes to protunes or OTS, so it has me wondering why.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Low-end torque? This is a DTR thread sir…

Jk, I just put in for the tune so I haven’t had a chance to talk to them yet, but my hope is certainly that they can limit torque to 420ish wtq. I just don’t hear their name tossed around much when it comes to protunes or OTS, so it has me wondering why.
Put it in 4th. It'll spool up plenty fast enough to make a pile of low end tq.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Looking back at my log, the DTR is limited to about 31PSI. I’m at 28psi at about 3900-4k rpm climbing to 31psi all the way through 4800-7300rpm. The DTR definitely filled and exceeded my expectations on what it was going to do and I’ve put probably 2k miles on the car since my 10 second pass and have beat the shit out of the car since day one of putting the DTR on 20k miles ago. Times will be coming to an end. Next setup I’m changing up is a Stainless housing and Garett bearing assembly TPC770. Will try to crack very low 10’s stock block. If anyone needs any help or input on the DTR don’t be afraid to reach out to me. I’m an Audi tech / APR dealer. Facebook is Joey Rotering.
3900rpm for only 28psi? Damn. Hoping the slow spool was part of APRs tune. My Vortex hits 31psi at 3400-3500rpm in 3rd and thats with my stock catback choking it. The DTR seems to spool slower than a Vortex XL for....reasons.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
3900rpm for only 28psi? Damn. Hoping the slow spool was part of APRs tune. My Vortex hits 31psi at 3400-3500rpm in 3rd and thats with my stock catback choking it. The DTR seems to spool slower than a Vortex XL for....reasons.
Big exhaust housing to keep egts down. Hurts spool.

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Is APR developing flex fuel options at all, specifically for the DTR6054? I'm having my HPFP/LPFP DTR re-tune on 93 octane done this coming Tuesday and my curiosity about E85 reached its peak. I watched a ShopDAP video about what flex fuel tuning is - always heard the term "flex fuel" thrown around but never knew what/how it actually works - and I'm beginning to get intrigued. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand, I can use 93 octane like I normally do, then maybe blip a gallon or two of E85 (I managed to find two gas stations within about 20 or more minutes away) and the tune will readjust for the ethanol content?