GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Triple B

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7 R
If I were to say go to Arizona, have the DTR installed and then drive back to California - would it past smog? It might not yet have CARB approval but is the testing the same from state to state?

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
So why not just put the fueling upgrades in, have the tune flashed, and then see where you're at?
I thought about it for a while and figured I would get upgraded sensors, charge pipes, and a downpipe for a custom tune since not too many people run this turbo in that manner aside from a select few. I'm curious to know what power it can put out on pump 93 octane when not on the APR tune.

ChristopherNeil

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
If I were to say go to Arizona, have the DTR installed and then drive back to California - would it past smog? It might not yet have CARB approval but is the testing the same from state to state?
Just have it installed here. And no, it won't pass, according to a smog tech I spoke with last week when I brought my wife's car for smog.

It was semi-broken English, but as young and hip as he seemed, I gathered that if a part's not stock and doesn't have an EO number, or it's not a tune with EO, the scan will pick it up... he literally said, "it's no longer you almost pass, you either pass or fail."

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Since the DTR6054 has been out for awhile now, not alot are posting times. Took the Golf R to the drag strip today to test out the DTR on my MK7.5 - 91, TCU, IC, factory DP, intake and both fuel upgrades. Fairly hot day, sunny (25C), the track was really slick.... Launched at 4000 rpm, tons of wheel spin and ran a 11.6 @114 mph....better track conditions and cooler weather, 11.4 is possible, maybe faster. In comparison, the white 2018 Golf R in the background is on a custom IS38 Stage 2 - EQT E85, Accessport, TCU, DP, IC, intake, both Fueling and bolt ons...ran 11.4 @118 today, The guy said he's pushing the max limits of the IS38, best he's run is 11.3's....pretty damn good for stock turbo.......will try the 93 file next weekend and see if I can improve on the time/speed.

The silver MK7 ran 10.9, had issues w/traction/dsg, BMW M240 ran 11.3 w/JB4 (Custom 6 Map)

@Arin@APR do I need to change the TMAP/PUT sensors to a 5 bar for this turbo?
Any updates on what times you ran on the 93 octane tune? Also, 5-bar sensors would only be useful if you were to get custom tuned. I haven't heard of anyone using sensors on the APR DTR tune as of yet.

crzycanuck

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Any updates on what times you ran on the 93 octane tune? Also, 5-bar sensors would only be useful if you were to get custom tuned. I haven't heard of anyone using sensors on the APR DTR tune as of yet.
The R is flashed to the 93 Tune, I didn't have time to go last weekend. Might try to go this weekend

MQBGOD

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Audi S3,
You know you can run e85 non mpi with hpfp and lpfp first file right
Best I could do was 11.36 @ 117 mph on the 93 File w/both fuel upgrades.....next is MPI/E85 File, this will have to wait til next race season, Saturday was the last day of the year.. So far, I am pretty happy with the results on the stock downpipe. MPI/E85 should get it close to 11.0..... turbo seems to have alot of potential for more power, a custom tune/down pipe would get it into the high 10's is what I'm guessing.

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Best I could do was 11.36 @ 117 mph on the 93 File w/both fuel upgrades.....next is MPI/E85 File, this will have to wait til next race season, Saturday was the last day of the year.. So far, I am pretty happy with the results on the stock downpipe. MPI/E85 should get it close to 11.0..... turbo seems to have alot of potential for more power, a custom tune/down pipe would get it into the high 10's is what I'm guessing.
Very nice! Can you post the time slip when you get a chance?

Also what year is your R and which 93 ECU file are you running?

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
That's a pretty good time for being on the stock downpipe. Thank you for taking the time to do runs. I see APR posting time slips for the new DTR8868 they released and I just question why they didn't go with that tactic for when the DTR6054 released, instead of flaunting the "400whp on a stock downpipe" approach. I think they could've avoided a lot of bad banter if they used this latest method instead -- showing times that a customer (or even their own development car) got on several octanes/fueling like they used to on their Stage 1 and Stage 2 tunes.

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
APR 93 Tune...friend had 3L of E85 left over at the end of the day, tossed it in with 1/2 tank... didn't make much of a difference.
So to confirm the 11.36 was straight 93, no E added, correct? Which 93 file? AWD or Full Send?

Interested in seeing the new time slip to get the incrementals.

Last edited:

Slowms3

Ready to race!
Don’t think I ever posted but this was E30 and having pulled timing issues up top.

11.3 @ 122.7

I’m going to try and run one more time this season to get closer to that 10 second mark. Has the trap speed for a low low 11s but track prep has been crap.

https://youtube.com/shorts/2yCB3W0xY3c?si=5DTk9EhcSmFX_eT0

Mod list
DTR 6054
Cobb DP
Do88 intercooler
Hpfp
Lpfp
Cobb intake
EQT E30 tune