GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Is anyone offering an IS38 (or upgraded IS38) + stock DP canned tune package to compete with this yet? I feel like that's what most people in the market for something like this would be interested in comparing cost and performance.
You can do it yourself. Nothing stopping you from buying a dongle, an android tablet like a kindle fire and downloading SimosTools and TunerPro. $100 or so and your time and effort.

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Is anyone offering an IS38 (or upgraded IS38) + stock DP canned tune package to compete with this yet? I feel like that's what most people in the market for something like this would be interested in comparing cost and performance.

IE has an IS38 flex fuel + stock downpipe tune. I think it requires at least an ethanol sensor and upgraded hpfp internals plus usual IS38 supporting mods but hey, flex fuel.

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
APR used to have a stock dp is38 file for GTIs. It does not seem to be available anymore. I am confused why they still offer is38 + downpipe files but not stage 2.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Love the responses here,
"is anyone else offering a simple, plug and play package like this?"
"Yeah, just assemble the kit yourself, buy software, learn how to tune, and do it all yourself" 😂
stock downpipe + is38 is all OEM parts, why the need for a "package?" honestly for this application the open source tuning stuff is extremely simple, but unfortunately no one wants to deal with the liability of offering a ready-to-flash file so you have to deal with the slight learning curve.
So real talk, 2 years from now you guys think the DTR will go down as an MQB staple, a niche option, a major dud, or a forgotten footnote?
it's not much different than their original stage 3+ turbo. decent turbo, tune riddled with issues they never fixed, decent results if you throw more hardware and tuning at it. just way cheaper to accommodate the ultra-cheap MQB market.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
You can do it yourself. Nothing stopping you from buying a dongle, an android tablet like a kindle fire and downloading SimosTools and TunerPro. $100 or so and your time and effort.
me starting my car for the first time on my own tune:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
APR offers the IS38 tune for stock DP...."stage 3"....

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I am confused why they still offer is38 + downpipe files but not stage 2.
My shop and I were wondering the same thing. I'm sure glad they still do though.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
My shop and I were wondering the same thing. I'm sure glad they still do though.
They don't - APR does not offer test-pipe/downpipe files any longer which used to be called "stage 2".