GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone from Detroit or the Michigan Area?

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Ah ok that is good to hear. I'm coming from the Subaru world where downpipe no tune engine go boom.

I can't wait until spring

Yeah haha, none of that here. You can run intake, downpipe, E85 blends, and IS38 Golf R turbos with no tune and never have a problem. Blows my mind the shit the subie guys have to go through since they basically need a tune for every mod to even be safe.

Tone1

Ready to race!
Any of you guys installed the JB1 or similar piggybacks? Install looks relatively simple, but this is the first car I've done any modding at all with and wouldn't mind an experienced guide.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Any of you guys installed the JB1 or similar piggybacks? Install looks relatively simple, but this is the first car I've done any modding at all with and wouldn't mind an experienced guide.

I have not BUT I have installed a JB4 on my Dad's old 335i. If you do want some help I'd be happy to. I've done tons of mods so though I'm no expert on JB1, two heads are always better than one. PM me if you want too, I'm in Waterford on the weekends and Jackson during the week.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

I tried the Neuspeed Power Module and it was okay. Took 10 minutes to install and was cheap, and can easily be removed for dealer visits.
It definitely added some power, but the power wasn't very linear (remember that it's "fooling" the ECU to add more power).
DEFINITELY didn't provide the same amount of power as a real tune either. (1/2 the gains)

It was just something to try/tie me over until the tune was eventually released though.

Then I ended up removing it and going with the APR tune instead, but it was definitely a nite and day difference between the two.

The JB1 is more advanced than the Neuspeed module though.

As for a JB1, contact this guy....he's local here in Michigan and has one on his car and has posted up some impressive dyno #'s:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/member.php?u=3456

Tone1

Ready to race!
JB1 will be here Thursday, pretty excited, hoping the snow holds off so I can have some fun before spring..

Goingnowherefast: what kinda beer do you like? I have a ton of it and could use a vagcom sesh.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
JB1 will be here Thursday, pretty excited, hoping the snow holds off so I can have some fun before spring..

Goingnowherefast: what kinda beer do you like? I have a ton of it and could use a vagcom sesh.

I'm open to anything but I'm not too big of a dark beer guy. Yeah hit me up anytime and I can do any Vagcom changes or run logs etc. Only issue is my cable doesn't have the "turbo" feature so it takes a bit less data samples for logging but that's not really a big deal.

Also my JB1 should be here Friday! Seems like a lot of the Detroit guys are going to be running JB1

*Edit* It's supposed to be almost 60 degrees this weekend. Will be a good time to test the JB'1's

Last edited:

Tone1

Ready to race!
Cool I may shoot you a PM next week after I get a better idea of what all I'd like done. I'm thinkin pretty simple stuff like the key-fob operated windows and other things of that nature. Ugh and setting that damn soundaktor to 0%..tried 3 times to unplug it and all I came away with was a brutally bruised hand.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Cool I may shoot you a PM next week after I get a better idea of what all I'd like done. I'm thinkin pretty simple stuff like the key-fob operated windows and other things of that nature. Ugh and setting that damn soundaktor to 0%..tried 3 times to unplug it and all I came away with was a brutally bruised hand.

Hahaha sounds good. I've already done both of those.

Boost3d.GTI

Ready to race!
So if any anyone outside of Detroit (I am in Wixom) wants to meet up sometimes during the week, I'd like to meet some locals. I am here just about every Monday - Thursday.

Tone1

Ready to race!
So if any anyone outside of Detroit (I am in Wixom) wants to meet up sometimes during the week, I'd like to meet some locals. I am here just about every Monday - Thursday.

I'm in the Northville/Novi area, down to meet up pretty much whenever. Shoot me a PM!

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Whoops sorry I missed this, Yeah it's getting super nice outside. I'm over in West Bloomfield/Walled Lake area so it looks like we're all pretty close. Let's get something together! Lingenfelter's Cars and Coffee is coming up and that's in Wixom so that's be easy and I go to every one of those anyways.

Tone1

Ready to race!
I'm gonna try to make it to one of those but I work every Saturday if the weather is nice. Shitty catch 22. My bar's just a hop skip and a jump away though

Tone1

Ready to race!
If anyone on here ever stops by, shoot me a PM prior, 1st beer's on me

DrvUMad

I'm gonna try to make it to one of those but I work every Saturday if the weather is nice. Shitty catch 22. My bar's just a hop skip and a jump away though

Which bar? I love the Northville Tavern's food and haven't been out that way in a while.

As long as it's not raining tomorrow I am game to do meetup, say hello and grab a beer!