GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone from Detroit or the Michigan Area?

renezbmx

Love my springs and exhaust. Looks and feels amazing!

Thanks!!

Just ordered my downpipe! So that will be my next addition!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Thought I'd get the party started....

I'm in Livonia

AND if anyone needs help with mods (suspension/exhaust/etc.), or anything.....shoot me a PM :D

Good work Dan, thanks again! These are perfect for a daily driver and the car no longer has the "silly" TSI stance:) The drop is subtle, but for a DD with these winters and bad roads, it is perfect for me. The handling is much improved and that wacky top heavy "rocking" back and forth while cruising over uneven pavement (like through your neighbor and over all the snow clumps and puddles for example) has been neutered! Like I told you in my text, the suspension just felt so much more confident on my drive home across all types of assorted roads and highways. Before, I don't think I could track the car even if I wanted, at least not very hard if you know what I mean. It wouldn't have been any fun. Now, I think perhaps it could be tracked and might be fun. I really don't plan on doing so, but this is a good way to describe the improvements in handling. But, like you said, for someone that wants a little more, probably best to go with the VWR's. However, I looked at Deutsche AP and the VWR's claim a 25mm drop while the DG's claim 25-30mm (when I have my vehicle set as TSI 1.8t). Maybe the VWR numbers apply to the GTI and not the TSI if they really do give a more aggressive drop for the TSI, not sure. I am fairly certain that the DG specs are correct for the TSI since those #"s are straight from VW and are really for the Golf TSI and not really the GTI. So, there is still some mystery for me here to what the differences between these two in terms of drop and driving characteristics. If anyone has any insight on GTI vs TSI drop diff for the VWR's, please do let me know.

• VW Driver Gear sport springs Part # 5G4071677E
  • 2015 Golf Sport (Limited Edition TSI SE with body kit and spoiler)
  • 1" Drop on a TSI - on a Sport Edition it will be even lower and this is why I went with these over some of the others for a daily driver since our winters can be very harsh.
  • Springs are made for VW by Mubea. Their engineering office is in Auburn Hills right down the road from where we did the install.
  • About 2 lb's lighter, but nothing substantial to report. My mods have put me under 3000 lbs by a hair, so I will take every bit I can get:D
  • No spacers yet, looking at doing 15mm rear and 10mm front as you recommended.
  • No alignment yet, but car is tracking perfectly until I can get it done. Driven about 65 miles thus far.

Before and after pics, use a straight edge and follow the seam of where the side skirts mount as the "axis" and follow it to the VW at the center of the rear wheel. Before, the axis intersected directly through the middle of the VW center cap. Now, the axis is clearly below the VW cap to what looks to be about 1". If you do it for the front and create an axis, likewise you can better visualize the amount of drop.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

After with H&R spacers 10mm front/15mm rear and painted calipers:

Last edited:

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Thx!

The pics work for some, but not others because some networks block access to Google Drive. Gonna have to use another hosting service perhaps. Can you see them from you phone straight through 3G/4G/LTE? I test using my other browser (I don't log on to Google) and it works ok.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Here in Grand Rapids

Howdy Neighbor! I'm in Zeeland but make it over to GR every now and then. I've seen a 2DR MK7 around town in Blue and one 4DR in black that I see all the time.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I'm in the Downriver area (I know, I'm sorry too.), but I work in Southfield.