GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I love the hatch, and wish it came to the US. But I don't mind the S3 sedan. Although, I think that's about as big of a car as I'd ever want. I changed my sister in laws brakes over the weekend, on her 2014 Altima. It's funny. She has the 3.5L, and the thing has bigger flappy paddles than the GTI\R. I think they're the same ones that the GTR has. For a CVT lol. Anyway. Before I moved over to these cars, that's what I had, the same gen Altima. And holy shit, just pulling the thing into my garage and a short drive to break in the pads, the thing feels like a goddamn boat. And it's not really a big car. But 5 years of tiny ass hatches has spoiled me.

But yeah. No intention of getting rid of the R, but if I was, an 8Y S3 would be on the short list, even without the hatch.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
love the size of the s3. the a4 platform is as big as i'm gonna wanna go.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Give you $3.50 for that APR DP.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I love the hatch, and wish it came to the US. But I don't mind the S3 sedan. Although, I think that's about as big of a car as I'd ever want. I changed my sister in laws brakes over the weekend, on her 2014 Altima. It's funny. She has the 3.5L, and the thing has bigger flappy paddles than the GTI\R. I think they're the same ones that the GTR has. For a CVT lol. Anyway. Before I moved over to these cars, that's what I had, the same gen Altima. And holy shit, just pulling the thing into my garage and a short drive to break in the pads, the thing feels like a goddamn boat. And it's not really a big car. But 5 years of tiny ass hatches has spoiled me.

But yeah. No intention of getting rid of the R, but if I was, an 8Y S3 would be on the short list, even without the hatch.
I'm really thinking about a new S3 next year, it's getting the RS3's rear diff. I think it's a better deal than the mk8 R.

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Give you $3.50 for that APR DP.

COBB

1381823cc658f075e4a2248de0abb320.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm really thinking about a new S3 next year, it's getting the RS3's rear diff. I think it's a better deal than the mk8 R.

That and the Prestige trim is loaded with technology. We all know how much of a sucker I am for tech.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
I have a solution to your CEL problem. Hockey tape. Run an o2 spacer and plug in for a couple days before emissions and stay out of boost.
IMG_0211.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I have a solution to your CEL problem. Hockey tape. Run an o2 spacer and plug in for a couple days before emissions and stay out of boost.View attachment 300135

That looks strikingly similar to my patent pending ACC Error Light Delete V2.

Introducing the ACC Error Light Delete v2!!

View attachment 277694

Now with more appropriate color matched matte black vinyl!

"Did you buy a roll of matte black vinyl just to cut a tiny triangle out of it to cover your ACC error light?"

View attachment 277695

You'll be hearing from my lawyers shortly.

:ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1709319906956.png

Worst case scenario, I just get a MK8...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1000004718.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1000004724.jpg

This alone makes it worth it...

Attachments