GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I like those wheels.

On my old white R? Those are Neuspeed RSe52's. I got them for $200 off FB with tires, bought specifically as a 'trade in' set. They were for a Mini, so they had a 57.1 bore, but were only 18x7.5. And couldn't fit VW center caps, since Mini uses different size center caps.

They were one of my better FB Marketplace scores. I don't even think the chick who sold them knew what she had. The listing was like "Mini Cooper Wheels" or something, and didn't even mention Neuspeed. But when I saw the listing I was like "Wait a sec..."

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Best my car ever looked was when I had rse52's
SmartSelect_20240219_110206_Chrome.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
On my old white R? Those are Neuspeed RSe52's.
I still regret not buying the in 18" when they were available. I think they look incredible on the mk7/mk7.5.

There is currently a set in Maine for sale that if much closer I would be very strongly looking to purchase.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Oh shit wrong gif from my download history. Oh well, still applicable.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Aight, res delete is on

1709947999924.png

Probably won't drive it till tomorrow to see how it sounds, just did a quick cold start in the garage to check for leaks, and sounded alright.

Also secured a blue P3 Gauge off the FB, so will have that coming in sometime next week.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Aight, res delete is on

View attachment 300571

Probably won't drive it till tomorrow to see how it sounds, just did a quick cold start in the garage to check for leaks, and sounded alright.

Also secured a blue P3 Gauge off the FB, so will have that coming in sometime next week.
The P3 is low-key one of my favorite bits. It's so subtle and sometimes I forget it's there, but it brings me such joy. Are you planning to run it as an analog boost gauge, EGT, AFR, or what?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The P3 is low-key one of my favorite bits. It's so subtle and sometimes I forget it's there, but it brings me such joy. Are you planning to run it as an analog boost gauge, EGT, AFR, or what?

B O O O O O S T

But not analog, just whatever OBD reports. Not going to run a tap.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Maintenance day, did plugs and oil change. Normally, I'd do an annual compression test, but I was lazy and didn't really feel it was necessary.

Oil change got to use my fancy funnel and added in some Ceratec.

Plugs, swapped the Ruth's for Ruth's. They all looked healthy (and didn't really need to be changed 🤣).

1000004872.jpg

Also jammed my borescope down the holes, errything looked good down there. Valves were open on a cylinder enough to scope them out, looked squeaky clean for 39k.

1000004871.jpg

Sorry about the picture of a picture, I didn't have my memory card in the borescope. But lookin' good.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Also, Cobb downpipe with the res delete Is perfect and right where I want the exhaust noise to be. A little louder than stock, decent and no drone while cruising, but opens up at WOT. 10/10, would delete res again.

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Maintenance day, did plugs and oil change. Normally, I'd do an annual compression test, but I was lazy and didn't really feel it was necessary.

Oil change got to use my fancy funnel and added in some Ceratec.

Plugs, swapped the Ruth's for Ruth's. They all looked healthy (and didn't really need to be changed 🤣).

View attachment 300591

Also jammed my borescope down the holes, errything looked good down there. Valves were open on a cylinder enough to scope them out, looked squeaky clean for 39k.

View attachment 300592

Sorry about the picture of a picture, I didn't have my memory card in the borescope. But lookin' good.
May be a dumb question but why change plugs if you pulled them and they look good? I know mileage may be a factor but if they aren't misfiring and look as good as those do I would've kept them and checked again next oil change.