GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Updated logs on my datazap. Sent this one over to Nick. Not sure what happened with that second log of the night, might have mis-hit the button lol.
It’s really impressive to see how efficient the turbo actually is, it’s actuator is in the 20-30% range from 5k and up! :IE… 👅frosting😂

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It’s really impressive to see how efficient the turbo actually is, it’s actuator is in the 20-30% range from 5k and up! :IE… 👅frosting😂

An efficient turbo is a safe turbo!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Love it when people bump old threads.

pagparts also does the basket mods for you. No chance of you fucking it up. I think that’s worth the extra $.

A year and a half ago, Diggs had the same feelings as me!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
And and then Instead if sticking with they feeling you when FULL and said “I’m good with my exhausted oem pump” 😂

Fun fact: "Limp dick fuckup!" is one of my favorite insults due to that movie.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So, clearing something up I guess. Without knowing it, I've had the first revision from Sneeky for 10 days now, as he sent it over on 11/1. Which I'll take the blame for. But in my defense, here is the email exchange, right from when I sent the first log:

1636605519880.png

After Sneeky said "Try a full tank and re log", I confirmed with an email:

1636605964888.png

Then sent a second email the next night saying "Here's two additional logs on a full tank." He then responded to that email with that last message. Due to just the shortness of the communication, and the way attachments are buried all the way at the bottom on gmail, I thought he was just answering my question at that time of "You seeing anything wrong?". Didn't even notice the map file buried at the bottom of gmail.

So I'll label that as my fault, and just take it as a learning opportunity that his default communication style is short and sweet, and pay more attention to email attachments. Obviously won't hold the gap against him in my comparison and timeline, since he did send over an updated revision within two days of being provided updated logs.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So, clearing something up I guess. Without knowing it, I've had the first revision from Sneeky for 10 days now, as he sent it over on 11/1. Which I'll take the blame for. But in my defense, here is the email exchange, right from when I sent the first log:

View attachment 230226

After Sneeky said "Try a full tank and re log", I confirmed with an email:

View attachment 230228
Then sent a second email the next night saying "Here's two additional logs on a full tank." He then responded to that email with that last message. Due to just the shortness of the communication, and the way attachments are buried all the way at the bottom on gmail, I thought he was just answering my question at that time of "You seeing anything wrong?". Didn't even notice the map file buried at the bottom of gmail.

So I'll label that as my fault, and just take it as a learning opportunity that his default communication style is short and sweet, and pay more attention to email attachments. Obviously won't hold the gap against him in my comparison and timeline, since he did send over an updated revision within two days of being provided updated logs.
Very stand up of you. 👍

Have you tried it yet?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Very stand up of you. 👍

Have you tried it yet?

Like I said. In the end it's on me. I didn't notice it. So of course I'll take the fall for it. Do I think his communication could be a little better? Sure. "Here's an update log." wouldn't hurt. Like the messages from Nick always say "Here's an updated revision.":

Screenshot_20211111-001339_Gmail.jpg

But, different people communicate differently. Now I know. Shit, I have plenty of qualms with EQT's communication, so it doesn't make one better than the other.

And not yet. I followed up yesterday. He just sent me a message an hour ago saying "Hey idiot, I sent you a file 10 days ago"... Ok, he didn't outright say that, but I'm sure that's what he thought when he read my message 🤣

Whike I usually do go out around 11pm to log, was already in pajamas and getting ready to go to bed. Will grab some tomorrow.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Here's a cursory log from the latest Sneeky map that I grabbed while out to dinner with my wife. 10 year wedding anniversary. She wasn't happy of being in the car while logging lol.

https://datazap.me/u/acadia18/sneeky-v2-3rd-gear-pull-log-2-111121?log=0&data=7-12

Didn't realize I had around a quarter tank of gas, which he advises against having while logging, so going to fill up and go grab some more.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Also, comparing these two logs:

https://datazap.me/u/acadia18/sneeky-v2-3rd-gear-pull-log-2-111121?log=0&data=7-12&zoom=80-436

https://datazap.me/u/acadia18/eqt-v104-3rd-gear-pull-log-4-11821?log=0&data=8-14&zoom=48-367

It's the latest EQT and latest Sneeky both isolated to the same RPM range. Sneeky is definitely more torquey at the top of 3rd. It'll break traction while EQT doesn't. Find it just odd that while the EQT maintains relatively the same boost pressure, it still just bounces around slightly, just like 0.1psi or so. Where once Sneeky hits 5200 rpm, it's just a dead straight line of 28.7psi. Was the same on the last logs.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The Sneaky tune is running out past the visibility of your PUT sensor. It's also out of fuel.

I'd assume you're saying it's past the visibility of the PUT sensor which is why the boost pressure is straight flatlining at 28.7psi. If that is the case, how come some of the previous EQT ones show it going up to 29psi? What are you looking at to see it's out of fuel? Could that be partly due to the fact that I was literally approaching running out of fuel? Was around\slightly below a quarter tank, which I know doing pulls with is usually frowned upon. Wasn't until I looked down and went "Oh shit, I don't have much gas" that I realized it.

Not doubting you on any of that by the way, just trying to learn.

More logs I just grabbed on a full tank of gas, look pretty similar to me.

https://datazap.me/u/acadia18/sneeky-v2-3rd-gear-pull-log-3-111121?log=0&data=7-12
https://datazap.me/u/acadia18/sneeky-v2-3rd-gear-pull-log-4-111121?log=0&data=7-12