GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Aight, some updated logs that passed over to Nick.

Log 1
Log 2
Log 3

Still no word from Sneeky. Last communication was on 10/27. Going to follow up soon. Only reason I've been this patient and haven't pestered him is because I've been getting good response from EQT and it's been keeping me busy.
Haha, fastest EQT tuning turnarounds ever or your Etune - Best PR team in the biz.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Yeah you would be able to run a sensor kit and be doing 31/32 instead.

Very dependent on fuel quality, but yes. I’ve run mine up to 31 pounds, but had to back off because of knock. I can only run 29 pounds (on my local fuel at least). So I don’t think he’s missing out on THAT much. FWIW

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Very dependent on fuel quality, but yes. I’ve run mine up to 31 pounds, but had to back off because of knock. I can only run 29 pounds (on my local fuel at least). So I don’t think he’s missing out on THAT much. FWIW
Did your tuner test dialing back timing vs boost levels to find the best middle ground of timing and boost for power or was timing increase by rpm left the way it was while dialing up the boost? Keep in mind the efficiency / heat Produced by the turbo will all affect your knock at when increasing the boost… you have a different turbo no?

Last edited:

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Did your tuner test dialing back timing vs boost levels to find the best middle ground of timing and boost for power or was timing increase by rpm left the way it was while dialing up the boost? Keep in mind the efficiency / heat Produced by the turbo will all affect your knock at when increasing the boost… you have a different turbo no?

I don’t think so. I didn’t have much time to mess with it before I went to Massachusetts for a few months, and they have terrible gas up there. Down to 27psi and 3.5* at 7000 lol. GUTTED. I’m adding some parts and we are gonna take another whack at it pretty soon though. Nick seems to think we are going to see a bigger gain increasing the timing rather than boost.

Yeah I’m on a DBV2 V1 journal bearing. I don’t think it’s as efficient as a Vortex, but it’s no slouch.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Got another revision from Nick. Will have logs to follow tonight.

Still nothing from Sneeky. Sent the last logs requested in with a question on 10/28, got an answer on 11/01, and haven't heard since. Still haven't followed up, will probably do that tomorrow since that will be over 1 week since the last communication. I expected to have the Sneeky tune done before even starting with EQT, and it turns out I'll probably have the EQT one done before getting my first revision from Sneeky :ROFLMAO:

Yes I totally agree. You might want to check with Nick on what cost if any would be associated with adjusting the tune to accommodate the LPFP at a later date. From what I understand, that’s at the tuners discretion.

Nick said if I do want to add the LPFP and sensors after this tune is "finished", it would only be $50 - $100 for a tune adjustment. So not too bad.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yeah you should def email him, he just posted the other day about revisions times being 2-3 days. So something for sure slip in the crack.

If anything - spending the double to get a second tuner and taking the time to post up that you will make a transparent comparison post very well may be the reasons for your new VIP status on revisions 😂😂😂😂

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yeah you should def email him, he just posted the other day about revisions times being 2-3 days. So something for sure slip in the crack.

If anything - spending the double to get a second tuner and taking the time to post up that you will make a transparent comparison post very well may be the reasons for your new VIP status on revisions 😂😂😂😂

Ed saw it and told Nick to make sure my revision were priority #1 to make them look good.

Sneeky saw it and said "Fuck that guy, he wants to compare me to EQT he can fuckin' wait!"

🤣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Watch him grenade your motor.

1636425319114.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Updated logs on my datazap. Sent this one over to Nick. Not sure what happened with that second log of the night, might have mis-hit the button lol.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
"That",
She