GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

500+ whp GTI

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Get a remembrall from Neville Longbottom.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
Asking just because: if you're hooked up to the obd2 port for logging, how do they get RPM? You have to pull the wire out of the coilpack harness, use an obd2 dongle to the dyno, or calibrate the rollers based on wheel speed right?

Also, sub'd

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
dam 1100 hp, thats more than diggs, he is at 1001hp 😂

I heard diggs new tune put out 1101hp. It's hard to keep up with his progress.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Detonation is not the issue, it's weak piston rings and rods not handling the torque. It's a good idea to have it built so you don't have to hone the block or heaven forbid a rod eject itself through it, piston slams into head, ruining that as well. Cheaper to use your own block then have to source another full engine.

I agree with this 100%. Ask me how I know.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Yours blew?
Yup at the drag strip on Sunday. Oiled down the drag strip, sides of car and back of car. Everyone at the strip was pissed at me. LOL. I should of known better and pulled over right away when I heard something under me. I was just thinking my exhaust came of my DP because that happened before but nope. I've been looking for a used longblock because I'm not going to do a built block replacement and have them tear down the motor to see what is salvageable. Don't have the funds for that. I looked at my 2 race logs pryer to it blowing and didn't see anything out of the ordinary other then the car trapping less then usual. I guess it was just on its way out. Car is pretty tame compared to other setups. It boosting 28-29 at 17 degrees timing on e65. I'll probably get it detuned 27-28 and timing to like 14 degrees or something but still a crap shoot if the replacement motor will last if pushed.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Asking just because: if you're hooked up to the obd2 port for logging, how do they get RPM? You have to pull the wire out of the coilpack harness, use an obd2 dongle to the dyno, or calibrate the rollers based on wheel speed right?

Also, sub'd

Who's they, the dyno shop or Access Port?

Yup at the drag strip on Sunday. Oiled down the drag strip, sides of car and back of car. Everyone at the strip was pissed at me. LOL. I should of known better and pulled over right away when I heard something under me. I was just thinking my exhaust came of my DP because that happened before but nope. I've been looking for a used longblock because I'm not going to do a built block replacement and have them tear down the motor to see what is salvageable. Don't have the funds for that. I looked at my 2 race logs pryer to it blowing and didn't see anything out of the ordinary other then the car trapping less then usual. I guess it was just on its way out. Car is pretty tame compared to other setups. It boosting 28-29 at 17 degrees timing on e65. I'll probably get it detuned 27-28 and timing to like 14 degrees or something but still a crap shoot if the replacement motor will last if pushed.

Damn, that sucks! Where does one find a used longblock on the internet?

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Damn that sucks. Yours had a lot of miles and lots of drag runs though, honestly surprised it made it this far. I wonder if the new tune was just a bit too much torque. 28/14 is pretty much what I run but my timing is gutted down low and it doesn't hit 28psi until 4500.

Yeah before MPI I wasn't hitting 28 till later on as well so i'm going to want to do the same.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

Damn, that sucks! Where does one find a used longblock on the internet?

I've been looking on ebay, lkq and car-part.com. Prices looks like around 3k+. If you get a built block and and reuse your head it would be a much better investment.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion

The accessport obviously has it because you're hooked up to the obd port. I'm wondering how the shop gets it.

You can get rpm from the brown wire off cylinder 1 coil.

Right, 'pull the wire out of the coilpack harness'.
Shame there's no cleaner way aside from poking the sheathing or pulling it far enough out to get a pickup on it.