GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

500+ whp GTI

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Yup at the drag strip on Sunday. Oiled down the drag strip, sides of car and back of car. Everyone at the strip was pissed at me. LOL. I should of known better and pulled over right away when I heard something under me. I was just thinking my exhaust came of my DP because that happened before but nope. I've been looking for a used longblock because I'm not going to do a built block replacement and have them tear down the motor to see what is salvageable. Don't have the funds for that. I looked at my 2 race logs pryer to it blowing and didn't see anything out of the ordinary other then the car trapping less then usual. I guess it was just on its way out. Car is pretty tame compared to other setups. It boosting 28-29 at 17 degrees timing on e65. I'll probably get it detuned 27-28 and timing to like 14 degrees or something but still a crap shoot if the replacement motor will last if pushed.
Damn man. This one hurts. Hope you get back up and running soon. Until then i see a nice used kia in your future to drive around.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Damn man. This one hurts. Hope you get back up and running soon. Until then i see a nice used kia in your future to drive around.
Thanks bud. I'm just going with a used motor so it shouldn't take long to be up and running again once I get a replacement motor.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Alrighty, the moment you all have been waiting for. Fuel was at E78, 34.5 psi with 15.5 degrees of timing. Here's a video of the 528 whp pull:

20200917_133732.jpg

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Yup at the drag strip on Sunday. Oiled down the drag strip, sides of car and back of car. Everyone at the strip was pissed at me. LOL. I should of known better and pulled over right away when I heard something under me. I was just thinking my exhaust came of my DP because that happened before but nope. I've been looking for a used longblock because I'm not going to do a built block replacement and have them tear down the motor to see what is salvageable. Don't have the funds for that. I looked at my 2 race logs pryer to it blowing and didn't see anything out of the ordinary other then the car trapping less then usual. I guess it was just on its way out. Car is pretty tame compared to other setups. It boosting 28-29 at 17 degrees timing on e65. I'll probably get it detuned 27-28 and timing to like 14 degrees or something but still a crap shoot if the replacement motor will last if pushed.

Condolences.

They're all on borrowed time at that level.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT